FREE SAMPLE ISSUE FREE NEWSLETTER DIGITAL ISSUE PREVIEW

Bill MacDonald

1. Admin Musings - Part 7 - Forum Participation

At breakfast last Sunday we got to chatting about the number of new members over the past couple of years, and whether that was translating into a more active forum. While the forum has basically quadrupled in size, daily post counts and member visits have only increased by about 2 times. I opined that I thought the usual 80/20 rule applied, namely 20% of the members accounted for 80% of the activity. Turns out, I may have been overly optimistic. I found this study, done in 1996, ...
    Categories
    Member Blogs
  2. Remembering Lance

This simple notice appeared on the pages of WoodCentral yesterday.

Lance Kennedy of Oak Point, Manitoba passed away last February of a massive abdominal aneurysm. Lance was a Ponder and wasn't always quite in step with the rest of the world. Lance and I kept in touch over the years, often by phone, and visiting one another although we lived about 1400 miles apart. I had called Lance to wish him a Merry Christmas and left a message on his answering machine. His wife, Karen, called ...
    Categories
    Member Blogs
  3. Autistic Drummer Boy

Any of you that have, or know, a child with autism will appreciate the challenges involved. This is my 11 year old grandson who has severe autism, but is developing a flair for playing the drums. Its quite and achievement for him and I hope you enjoy watching it.

Categories
    Member Blogs
  4. Administration Musings - Part 6

Today's theme is technology and social media.

I'm old enough to remember our first phone. It was black, with a rotary dial, and it sat on a table in the front hall. It rang infrequently and calls were short and to the point. If it rang anytime after 11:00 pm, it was always bad news. As kids, we didn't call each other, we just ran next door and knocked on the back door.

Not much changed till my teenage years, when I recall a second phone got added for the wall in the ...

Updated 12-23-2010 at 07:15 PM by Bill MacDonald

Categories
    Member Blogs
  5. Administration Musings - Part 5

Today I received a question which said " Who moderates the moderators?"

Well, the hackles went up along with the bloodpressure, and my initial response was going to be something along the lines of "I do. You got a problem with that?"

But then I got to thinking about it a bit more, and to me at least the answer is a lot more complex than it might first appear.

Lets take a moment and look at the overall structure of CWW&HI. At the ...

Updated 12-22-2010 at 11:44 PM by Bill MacDonald

Categories
    Member Blogs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast