FREE SAMPLE ISSUE FREE NEWSLETTER DIGITAL ISSUE PREVIEW

Jerome

1. Shaker style workbench #8

I have been busy at work and my stupid nerve have slowed work down a bit but I have managed to get the ends of the skirt installed and the vices installed.
    Name:  DSC0011-M.jpg
Views: 1270
Size:  90.6 KB
    Name:  DSC0013-M.jpg
Views: 1206
Size:  47.9 KB
    Name:  DSC0012-M.jpg
Views: 1206
Size:  57.5 KB
    I got the wedges cut and decided to sand the points in instead of trying to cut them as i was having trouble getting them consistent.
    Name:  DSC0014-M.jpg
Views: 1241
Size:  66.6 KB
    I painted these vices as I did not like the green that ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Shaker style workbench #7

Managed to get some more work done yesterday, it has been a slow go due to a sciatic nerve issue, to say it is a pain in the butt is an understatement!
    Anyway, on to the wood work I managed to get the three sections of the top glued together. I had to rout out sections for the vices that I will be using as the bottom of the skirt did not hang down low enough to catch all of what will be the jaw. once that was done I got the Walnut skirt glued on.
    Name:  Sides-S.jpg
Views: 1203
Size:  53.3 KB Name:  sides-2-S.jpg
Views: 1172
Size:  48.4 KB ...

Updated 10-16-2011 at 08:05 AM by Jerome

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Shaker style workbench #6

I fianlly made some progress, I took a week off work to play in the shop.
    I got all the wood for the top and leggs jointed and plained figured out which peice should go where and started to glue.
    I did have some distractions I picked up a Jos Cote Band saw that I am also restoring and a Canadian Drill press that will get restored at some point, hopefully in the near future.

Here is part of the top slab being glued. I wish I had more clamps I had bought the ends but my colleague ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Shaker style workbench #5

My Stupidity may be a blessing in disguise!
    In getting my joiner up and running I noticed what I hastily thought was a 20 amp plug as the motor only draws 14amps start-up I thought I would just change the plug to a 15 amp as I don't have any 20 amp outlets in my shop good to go right? NOT!
    I found that the joiner was running at what I thought was a slower speed than it should but hey its 60-ish years old maybe they ran slower back then the motor rpm's were right and the pulleys were ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Shaker style workbench #4

Spent yesterday jointing, I have realized that I am really out of shape I'm beat.
    I took a look at by Beaver 3800 6" and decided that the table was too short So I built some extensions. I built torsion boxes for the top with another smaller one underneath for added strength, I attached these to the table using the 3 existing 5/16 bolt holes for the beaver extensions. Name:  jointer 2.jpg
Views: 1180
Size:  27.3 KBName:  Jointer 1.jpg
Views: 1081
Size:  67.7 KB
    I was going to add legs to keep it from flexing but ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast