FREE SAMPLE ISSUE FREE NEWSLETTER DIGITAL ISSUE PREVIEW

Chimera

Grop #18

Rate this Entry
The drywall is now done on the ceiling of the shop side of the building...a little rough for sure...some idiots who did the strapping messed up and we had to patch a bit

Thanks to LOML with his ape like arms, he can reach anything! It would have taken me another month without him!

I have no idea why the last picture went sideways an I have no idea how to fix it...oh well it is not the first job I have done that went sideways...sigh
Attached Thumbnails Attached Images   
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I love when the ceiling drywall goes up. To me, that's when the construction phase starts to really really feel like it's giving way to rooms being born although you're still in "labour" for a while still. lol.

Gonna tape and mud yourself? What about the ever so fun sanding?
    This weekend we are putting up OSB on the ceiling of the garage...his side...sure is easier and lighter than drywall...of course not quite he same fire protection but this is a detached building after all.

I am not sure if I am going to mud and tape or not...I have done that and really do not mind the job...I have all the equipment and the attachment for sanding that goes with the shop vac so dust is not an issue...I'm just not sure that it is worth it in the shop...
    Any further progress Lisa?
    Hi Kevin,

We spent Thursday and Friday blowing in insulation in the attic...The machine to blow in the insulation was on it's last legs but we had to use it as the new machine they had ordered had not arrived yet.

Sooo we spent two days having to actually push the insulation through the machine...My father and I did that while LOML was up in the attic with the hose...

Another job I AM NEVER DOING AGAIN!!!!!

Next weelkend I hope to get the drywall on the walls of the shop....then the electrical can be all finished...

I set up my little green house in the corner windows today anyway and started some seeds. I have a heating seed pad to keep things warm.

I am going to LOVE it when it is all done!
    Ah! The dreaded insulation task. I basically dress up like an astronaut when doing that, otherwise you go insane.
    Yep...I looked like a 5'5" dust bunny for sure...the machine was blowing just as much dust back up into my face as I fed it, as it did up into the attic...POS....
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimera
    Yep...I looked like a 5'5" dust bunny for sure...the machine was blowing just as much dust back up into my face as I fed it, as it did up into the attic...POS....
    Look at the bright side, at least you were being kept warm.