Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need recommendation for concrete brick paver sealer

Hi,

I have concrete brick pavers driveway (6 month old, joins filled with polymeric sand)
    I'm looking for recommendation for a good quality sealer for it?
    (Preferred application method would be roller)

Thank You
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Need recommendation for concrete brick paver sealer

I bought my house 17 years ago and the previous owner had installed concrete pavers many years before that. They have never been sealed and only this year did I have them all taken up, substrate levelled, new pavers layed in the driveway as borders to free up some of the old pavers (pattern no longer made) to enlarge the patio. 3 or 4 bricks have chipped over the years, so it's not perfect, but I've never once wished to have spent the money to seal those pavers. Sealing products will not soak in, it just sit on top and make them slippery in the rain and snow (and as I made my living working for Canada Post, I can tell you I'm not kidding when I say they make them slippery).

I did have one instance of some oil dripping off one of the dump trucks that delivered sand and soil for my house. The spot was treated with "Oil Lift" and "Flubber Dust". You might be able to find it at your local Canadian Tire store and that stuff not only works so well you cannot see a stain left behind, but they are environmentally friendly and actually made in Canada! Flubber dust can even be dried in the sun and re-used over and over.

So, my recommendation is to not waste the money on a sealer, but rather save it for a spare bag of polymeric sand that you WILL need down the road for maintenance. Also, if you can find a bottle of Flubber Dust and a jug of Oil Lift, you will be well prepared to deal with any sort of oil or grease stain on your patio/driveway. My spots were several days old and came out fine, but it's even better if you can doing sooner. Oil Lift is not a solvent, it gets under the oil and foams it up. Flubber dust soaks up the oil and uses enzymes that break the oil down which is why it can be dried and re-used.

Comment

Hey! I don't have much experience, but i found an article with comparison of characteristics of different paver sealers and their prices. Check the information here

Comment

I second Kapain Zero recommendation. just leave them.
        Jerome
        Canada's South Coast

Port Colborne On.
        Every loaf of bread is a tragic tale of grains that could've become beer.......but didn't....

Comment

HI-AC and Hi-AC plus, excellent products. You'll need a good masonry supplier or commercial building center to find it.
          Paul

Comment

Fifty years ago boiled linseed oil mixed with kerosene was used on city street concrete.

EvaluationOfLinseedOilAsAConcreteSealant_Wright_May91.pdf
            Egon
            from
            The South Shore, Nova Scotia

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Originally posted in 2011. probably done by now. LOL
              "Do it Right!"

Comment

Working...
              X