Bathroom Vanity Build - Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bathroom Vanity Build - Request

Not sure whether this is the right place to post this.

I'm looking for someone that can build a bathroom vanity. We're renovating our place and couldn't quite find the right build and hope that someone here can help make it.

This is what we're looking for.
    Screenshot_20180120-191406.jpg

Rough Dimensions
    width: 36"
    height: 30" (without countertop)
    depth: 24"

Other requirements
    baltic birch ply
    solid wood legs (no pine)
    slow-close sliders

Exterior vanity faces will be painted.

Those interested in taking this on, please post any questions here in this thread and quotes via private message.

Thanks,

Alex
    Attached Files
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Bathroom Vanity Build - Request

Alex that looks like the the latest Rage in vanities which is a bunch of drawers on legs. you see all kinds of them at home centres. Lots of guys here could do it. Are you aware of the space you need for plumbing inside the cabinet that will minimize your drawer sizes? It's not going to look anything like your picture which is a 2 sink vanity btw.

Comment

Hi Rusty,

Thanks for chiming in. You're absolutely right that the top drawer are most likely duds to account for plumbing. I failed to also mention that it'll be for a single vessel sink. 36" width with a dual sink would look absurd.

additional details regarding the build;
      Single vessel sink
      2 Drawer design (one above, one below). Essentially half of the vanity I posted.
      Last edited by baymoe; 01-21-2018, 01:26 PM.

Comment

I will be installing one that is very similar in a couple of weeks. I will have to adjust the drawers to fit the water lines coming up from the floor and the drain and P trap which is off centre.

The client bought this one from Lowes and it does include a fancy drain idea but it won't work perfectly in this application because the rough in is not in perfect position. Of course he didn't know that when he bought it.

Comment

IMG_0099.JPG It IMG_0104.JPGIMG_0100.JPGIMG_0095.JPG Pretty easy to do . Here's one I did about 12 years ago. Have done a couple since. Just requires that you pay attention to detail . I made the vanity and the drawers. Not a big fan of the design but haven't made a vanity with your typical toe kick in years. If your sink sits on top of counter, and a lot do, the top drawer would be about the same size as the second. In this one the sinkdrop down below the counter top
          If your dreams don't scare you, you are not dreaming big enough

Comment

I (and lots of members here ) could build that, no problemo!
            i actually just bought one very similar from the Home Depot for $800 ish
            Painted off white finish.

If you are interested in a quote call me.
            Located in the Peterborough area (45 mins north east of gta).
            705 930 9523
            Nathan

Comment

I am booked a year ahead, wouldn't touch that for less than $1800. I know what my quality is worth. Whoever you get obtain references and ensure they have a contractors liability insurance policy.

Brian
              Last edited by Brian @ Muir; 01-21-2018, 04:44 PM.
              nnieman likes this.

Comment

Hey Brian I obviously know how important the liability insurance is but is it required if one of the guys here made the vanity and just delivered it? I'm not sure the OP even wants it painted or finished.

Comment

Rusty's right, that style is all the latest rage. I installed a store-bought one earlier this summer. It was annoying drilling the plumbing in.

If I was to build it, I'd do it all out of my standard 3/4" maple vc ply with solid maple facing and legs. Even though it's painted, I still use maple, because it's economical and durable. I would do notch drawers like you see in Brian's pictures. Just Like Brian said, it would be between $1500-$2000, but I'm booked through to the fall at this point.

Comment

Rusty... read the post . He wants it made from Baltic Birch and solid wood legs. He is posts a online pic and he has no idea of the amount of work required. I have never considered Baltic Birch a material for quality work. To me this appears to be someone looking to save a dollar not obtain a quality product. No problem with that but I hate to see guys undervalue their time. I don't compete with the big box stores on price and they can't compete with me on quality and service. If someone wants to build one I am in no position to comment on their price as I have never seen the quality of their work.

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Brian @ Muir View Post
                      Rusty... read the post . He wants it made from Baltic Birch and solid wood legs. He is posts a online pic and he has no idea of the amount of work required. I have never considered Baltic Birch a material for quality work. To me this appears to be someone looking to save a dollar not obtain a quality product. No problem with that but I hate to see guys undervalue their time. I don't compete with the big box stores on price and they can't compete with me on quality and service. If someone wants to build one I am in no position to comment on their price as I have never seen the quality of their work.

Brian
                      Just for clarification, I was absolutely not saying I would build that for $800.
                      $800 gets you melamine with stapled together drawers and thermofoil drawer fronts.

If the op wants an actual quote from an actual contractor that they are going to have to call one.
                      If I actually get a phone call I will discuss options and price with him.

Nathan

Comment

Brian
                        I read the post Brian. I was asking you a question about insurance for one of the guys who maybe doesn't have insurance. As far as I can understand the OP is not asking for installation so anyone could make it and have the guy pick it up or deliver it to the guy and not be required to have liability insurance. I never said anything about your price or anyone else's' either. Please show me where I did and I will edit it!

Comment

I very much appreciate all the quality feedbacks here in this thread.

This is indeed new to me and may not know all the questions to ask when it comes to vanities. I'm not concern with liability insurance, the unit will be painted and installed myself.

Another detailed missed; Drawer fronts would be hardwood.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post

I read the post Brian. I was asking you a question about insurance for one of the guys who maybe doesn't have insurance. As far as I can understand the OP is not asking for installation so anyone could make it and have the guy pick it up or deliver it to the guy and not be required to have liability insurance. I never said anything about your price or anyone else's' either. Please show me where I did and I will edit it!
                            Rusty.. my post to you was not meant as a criticism of you but merely my observations of the OP including the materials that he expected the
                            piece to be built from. I did find it interesting that someone who was possibly interested in the job would post that he had bought one similiar for $800 and painted it white. I suggest that he is boxing himself in when it comes quoting on a similiar job. Have a good one
                            Brian

Comment

IMG_0099.JPG It IMG_0104.JPGIMG_0100.JPGIMG_0095.JPG Pretty easy to do . Here's one I did about 12 years ago. Have done a couple since. Just requires that you pay attention to detail . I made the vanity and the drawers. Not a big fan of the design but haven't made a vanity with your typical toe kick in years. If your sink sits on top of counter, and a lot do, the top drawer would be about the same size as the second. In this one the sinkdrop down below the counter top
                              Lovely half-blind dovetails!

Comment

Working...
                              X