Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Clicking Thermostats - Driving me mental

Originally posted by ofoori View Post
    I find that when there are annoyances like yours I tend to listen to them and that makes them more annoying,
    You must be related to my wife. Apparently my breathing when I'm sleeping is one of those annoyances. I try to keep one eye open so she doesn't try and fix the "noise".
    Jamie www.turneddesignsbyjamie.etsy.com

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Originally posted by Randy in Calgary View Post

Tense? TENSE?! Who you calling TENSE! I AM NOT TENSE! Not at all!! I am as stable as they come. I am as stable as Trump (though sadly not a genius like he is).

Seriously though, I am not alone on this. Lots of complaints online in various forums and such. Admittedly we are both light sleepers, but it is what it is. Can't just decide to ignore it and sleep better. Part of the problem is that our bedroom is very very quiet, and any intermittent and sharp noises are very salient.

Lmao! But I do know what you mean about being used to a certain quiet in the bedroom. I had this rattle in my outfeed duct in our master bedroom that used to rattle when it was blowing on occasion. It wasn't until I had gutted the room below did I get it corrected. It was semi-driving me nuts for years until I got it corrected.

Love the Trump bit btw! I'll leave it at that.
      Last edited by Lost in the Woods; 01-27-2018, 12:59 AM.
      Kevin

Comment

What about a nest thermostat? I dont know what they are like but I heard good things. My wife wants one. I sleep with ear plugs cause of the traffic noise so I dont hear anything.
        https://www.facebook.com/gregsreinventions2016/

Comment

Count your blessings.

I dream of hearing well enough that I could hear a thermostat clicking.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg from K/W View Post
            What about a nest thermostat? I dont know what they are like but I heard good things. My wife wants one. I sleep with ear plugs cause of the traffic noise so I dont hear anything.
            The Ecobee thermostats are superior to Nest. All of us that have one agree on that! Plus Ecobee is a Canadian company.

https://www.ecobee.com

Craig
            scooby074 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by WCraig View Post

The Ecobee thermostats are superior to Nest. All of us that have one agree on that! Plus Ecobee is a Canadian company.

https://www.ecobee.com

Craig
              I'll semi-confirm that. When we were getting quoted for a new furnaceand A/C and investigating things like thermostat controls, most companies we were talking to were saying that the Nest ones are problematic. Some companies we tried said they had been installing some in the past and now just won't any longer.

The Ecobee brand did not have negative comments and was a type to pick from with some of the companies we were getting quotes on.

The one we ended up selecting from the company we went with was a proprietor one for the Daikin furnace and A/C we went with.
              Kevin

Comment

Honewell RTH7600, RET97 seriess, hardwired, from Depot ar others. Silent.
                Start slow; wind down gracefuilly

Comment

Needed to replace an old programmable thermostat in our bedroom. Bought a new Honeywell. Every time it calls for heat CLICK! \
                  Vision Pro 8000? If so, I have that model in my house. I went so far as to call Honeywell about it. After being passed around a few departments, I spoke to someone in product engineering who informed that the loud clocks are a unfortunate side-effect of the industrial relays they use in their higher-end thermostats. Longevity and reliability are the pluses, loud clicks are the minuses is what I was told.

Comment

Do you know what model number it is? This would be ideal.
                    I think he's talking about the Honeywell prestige line.

Pretty Gucci kit, but also about $400 for a complete kit IIRC. Before and after furnace wireless temp sensors, etc.

Comment

I miss the dial and mercury switch.
                      Wally in Calgary likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin H View Post
                        I miss the dial and mercury switch.
                        I just got rid of mine Kevin -- After 40 yrs. it was not cycling properly and going digital saved me a lot of money.

Comment

I like the clicking sound

Comment

Working...
                          X