Waste Receptacle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waste Receptacle

Built this kitchen a year ago. Attempted to convince client at that time to have a waste receptacle. She subsequently changed her mind and the pics are the result. The slides are the Salice and are called " shelf Slides " as in the link. They are the only slides that I am aware of the you can attach to the bottom of the cabinet and placement is your choice. I like them as you do not see the slides as they are an undermount. Blum make a similiar slide but not available in Canada. For Salice in my area Marathon Hardware are great to deal with. The box is Baltic Birch and dovetails by Mr Leigh.
    IMG_3827.JPGIMG_3830.JPGIMG_3831.JPGIMG_3832.JPG

If if I had built this when I built the kitchen I would have used a single door attached to the receptacle. The slides are also soft close
    http://www.salice.com/Download/NL/Ne...4-2015_ENG.pdf
    redlee, nnieman and 2 others like this.
    If your dreams don't scare you, you are not dreaming big enough
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Waste Receptacle

Just a thought about the double doors -- you still could remove the hinges and attach them to the front of your box with a small white spacer between them. Good place for the garbage bags too.
    beachburl likes this.

Comment

Great solution Brian. I was looking at our failing slide out waste bucket this morning and wondering what I should replace it with. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I was thinking of ordering a new door as I did have a concern about it being a bit awarkward having to open doors but the doors are only 10 in. wide. Client was quite pleased with it the way it was so it made the decision easy. Budget also played on my decision. Thanks for your comments and have a good one.

Brian

Comment

First Time I've seen them Brian. It's about time though. I am getting real tired of shimming the sides. I just replaced a two bin system for a client on Thursday. They had the door attached to the front and that's what caused the replacement. it was just attached at the bottom and that's too weak for years of pulling it out from a knob at the top. I much prefer the door on hinges.
          "Do it Right!"

Comment

I agree with your comments on the PITA of attaching most receptacles. This install took 5 minutes. The link shows a small white clip that you attach to the back for the hook. I do not have them and drilled the back as you would with Tandems. I had to give it some thought on getting the placement of the slide that attaches to the cabinet base in the correct position so that it would align with the part attached to the box. Used a spacer when I attached the complete slide to the bottom of the box. Used this same spacer with the complete slide when I attached to the bottom of the cabinet.

Brian

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

I never noticed the white clip until you mentioned it Brian. I scanned thru too fast I guess. No tools needed for adjustment either and I love the option of adding more slides for more weight.

I always used Salice or Hettich Euros until Richelieu became my go to for hardware and they are big Blum promoters, which ain't bad but I loved the quality of the Salice hinges at the time. I see a Missasauga address for supply. I'm going to see if anything local may have them.
              "Do it Right!"

Comment

Working...
              X