Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beakie
    replied
    also, I helped a friend just last year install lam flooring. the flooring store (not big box) disn't notice they sent the same floor BUT 1/2 with old style "click" and 1/2 new style "click" and they were not compatible together.

it took a few minutes during installations for us to figure it out & check/distinguish the dif boxes, and the store obviously fixed the issue... but it caught us and the store by surprise.

Leave a comment:

• Mike in Waubaushene
    replied
    Lay a piece flat on a table and take another piece edge ways in the center of the first piece. Don’t put any pressure on the second piece. Then swap the pieces. There shouldn’t be any gap across the piece laying on the table.

Leave a comment:

• Andre in Quebec
    replied
    Looks like the material is badly bowed

U should return it for replacement / refund

There's no way it can be installed properly imho.

Leave a comment:

• beachburl
    replied
    Thanks for the inputs.
    We've done the tapping thing with an installation kit, and all that happens is the two ends pop out.
    Chalk lines in place.
    Working from left to right. Tongue into groove, as per instructions.

Noel

Leave a comment:

• al.m..
    replied
    Not sure I'm wording this correctly,but I installed it in my entire basement,found it layed much easier one direction than the other,as in from one side of the board as opposed to the other

Leave a comment:

• beakie
    replied
    if/when you have the gap in the centre, have an off cut to use as a sacrificial "tapper" and give a few taps with a rubber mallet... after it's laid flat and into the next one. rip the lip off the hammer side to keep it from disintegrating a bit longer.

and IMO don't worry much about keeping first 1/2 dozen rows or so straight, they will flex and curve from end to end. have a chalk line parallel to the wall, island, cabinets, etc whatever you are referencing for a straight or true line.

Leave a comment:

• RV Sam
    replied
    lol. Been there and done that. Being a Real wood guy i an not a fan of that stuff, but i have been out in a position a few times that i was talked into laying it. It sure was not a simple snap snap for me on 99% of the pieces. A few did fall into place and i said wow, i got this figured out, but not !!! Because of the construction and material that stuff is made from i would say no to humidity as your problem. It would take a Huge change for that stuff to move a fraction. I would say it is the installers, lol.. Stay at it, it does work and in the end the darn stuff does look not to bad and gives a hard surface that is hard to dent unlike real wood, did i just really say that.....

Leave a comment:

• beachburl
    started a topic Laminate flooring installation problems

Laminate flooring installation problems

Spent a couple of hours yesterday attempting to install some of this at my son's place.
    We had a terrible time. 2 hours, and a total of 3 rows done (11 feet long).
    We found it extremely difficult to get it to 'click' into place, and after the 3rd row it appeared that the row in place was 'curved' in such a way that the two ends of the piece being installed were tight when butted up at the 45 degree angle, but the middle was not in contact.
    Consequently it would not click into place. We attempted with several other pieces from a couple of boxes.
    The boxes have been sitting there almost a month, so there is no acclimatization problem - unless it is the high humidity we are dealing with.
    This was not inexpensive laminate, and has underpad attached.
    He is having a new furnace, and an air conditioner installed shortly.
    Is it likely that will help?
    Is the humidity likely a source of part of the problem?
    Are the two installers more likely the problem?
    Any help and or suggestions more welcome.
    My son's only question is 'How the hell do we install this flooring?"

Noel
Working...
X