Software to make house floor plan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software to make house floor plan

Looking for easy to use software floor plan for preliminary house plans. Details for construction or materials are not required. Preferably just drag and drop.
    Bob just past Ayr
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Software to make house floor plan

If you don't mind paying for the software, Smart Draw is super simple to use and not terribly expensive. Their website is posted below.

https://www.smartdraw.com/
    Paolo Kokkinos
    p.kokkinos91@gmail.com

Comment

Thanks Paolo but $3000.00 is a lot more than I am willing to pay for a one time use. I am not wanting something for professional use.
      Bob just past Ayr

Comment

Hey Bob
        I have been playing with sketch up 2016, using “HouseBuilder” extension. Very easy to whip up a quick floor plan, but it seems to miss a quite a few things in the construction aspect. I’m using it as a tool layout planer, so thats not an issue for me.

Here is the YouTube video I found it on.
        https://youtu.be/eBR87a9YXIE

I can send you the extension if you need it.
        Hope this helps.
        Darrin

Timber Elegance
        My Etsy Store

Comment

Originally posted by Bob just past Ayr View Post
          Thanks Paolo but $3000.00 is a lot more than I am willing to pay for a one time use. I am not wanting something for professional use.
          Did you mean $300?

Comment

Looking for easy to use software floor plan for preliminary house plans. Details for construction or materials are not required. Preferably just drag and drop.
            Some years ago I had a 2D and 3D CAD program from "The Learning Company". It was fabulous! .... simple, intuitive and NOT loaded with quirky little "features" that got in the way of using it easily. Unfortunately it won't work with anything after Win7.

My point? Depending on what operating system you are using, there are older programs out there that work beautifully and can be had for free (usually). Check the clearance bins at the Value Village etc.

Comment

Played with https://floorplanner.com/ worked ok but does grab you for some money down the road.

Or just use either Excel/Google Spreed Sheet.

Make the cells square like graph paper and then just use the outline to highlight the sides of the cells.

Use a scaling of 1 square =30.5cm or 1 foot

Comment

Hang on a minute folks.
                Smartdraw as I glanced at it is $10/mo, billed annualy as I saw it. Don't know where the $3K came from.

But what are we looking for, Bob?:
                Mac or Windows?
                downloadable app or online only (Smartdraw)?
                are you looking for a free version or if not what approx price range?
                2D is OK? or did you want 3D?

Then we can better answer. Thanks
                Start slow; wind down gracefuilly

Comment

I got the price off their websight The SmartDraw Annual Site License

"With an annual site license everyone in your organization can use SmartDraw for as low as $2,995 per year. No need to count licenses or seats. Anyone who wants access can have access with no additional"
                  I am looking for something to use with Windows. Free would be good but am willing to pay a nominal fee up ot $100.00 if it looked real easy.. 2D is fine
                  Had a look at floorplanner and looks like it would be worth a try Thanks Glen
                  Last edited by Bob just past Ayr; 09-14-2018, 04:20 PM.
                  Bob just past Ayr

Comment

OK, I'm back. First to clarify, a site license is for youir whole organization., job group, etc. Oompteen peop[le...

Individual license was $120/year more or less but that misses your stated goal. But, back to your objective:

Take a look at HGTV, Home Design., just what you asked for but it is vary capable. I paid something like $45, two years ago its available for both platforms. Download the app once and you are done. You can download the user instructions. It is 3D, color, drag and drop, yatta, yatta...

go to HGTV home design
                    Last edited by Woodwreck; 09-16-2018, 09:10 PM.
                    Start slow; wind down gracefuilly

Comment

Room Design for iPad is pretty simple. I've used it and it was free when i got it probably 5 or 6 years ago. I still use my drafting board on occasion too.
                      "Do it Right!"

Comment

Setve: Thanks for the explinarion about the cost of House builder but all all I saw was $2995.00 and soon lost intrest.I am not teck savy. Will have a look at HGTV.
                        Rusty: Thanks For the tip But I am not an ipad user I hate tuchscreen.
                        Bob just past Ayr

Comment

Draftsight is an excellent 2d drafting program that's free to download from Dassault. https://www.3ds.com/products-service...free-download/ Unfortunately nothing about this program is canned so a substantial investment in time to get up and running on it. I've played around with it a bit but my go to software for architectural dwgs is Softplan ...... really easy to use but expensive. http://softplan.com/ They do offer a free trial but how useful as the probably have limited hours and won't let you print.

Comment

Working...
                          X