BC building code Fascia mounts for 2nd story aluminium deck railings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BC building code Fascia mounts for 2nd story aluminium deck railings

The workmanship is absolutely embarrasing....scary what some subcontractors get away with. I can't help on the building code part of your question, but I would contact your local building inspector and forward them the pictures. They have always been helpful when I have any questions.
    Now for getting warrantee work done, try using social media. If you are having a hard time getting the work done, and there is a noted deficiency....go public. Post the pictures on the builders and/or manufacturers social media pages (if they have one) and explain your situation.
    Last edited by Finnisher; 01-07-2019, 02:51 PM.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Re: BC building code Fascia mounts for 2nd story aluminium deck railings

We have rarely allowed anyone on to the deck since we discovered the defects for obvious reasons and the upper deck has the same issues. It is really good to hear that the railing is not welded might not have to be completely replaced in the worst case scenario that we just pay to repair it ourselves. The house is bare land strata so I am not sure that the strata or the property management company can help but it is still worth trying. There are similar house builds around the area so we also suspect that this is the house that they built with their leftover materials using unqualified workers.
      As mentioned before, we have other issues including the Duradek, soffits, front entrance, and a couple dozen others. The installation of the Hardie plank is particularly bad and might illicit a similar reaction as posting pictures of the railing. We are definitely ready to try the city building inspector, going public, lawyer, and other options. We’re just trying setup all the ground work with the documentation of all the evidence of the defects and the bad faith processes that we’ve been put through. If I knew these issues before I bought the house or what a nightmare it can be to try to work with home warranty I definitely would never have purchased it in the first place.
      Again thank you everyone for sharing your wisdom. All this information is very useful. I still find it amazing on how much information can be produced from just a few pictures!

Comment

Working...
      X