Quick Mail Box Flag Hack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Mail Box Flag Hack

So here is a quick broken mail box flag hack. The last mailbox I had a bear took a bite out of it and a very big load on the road plow. pushed the snow high enough to crack what was left. I replaced the box and the bears have left it alone but the snow plow come flying by doing 40 or so a couple of winters ago and the flying snow snapped off the flag arm.

If you have a empty container of my favorite beverage around its an easy fix. Works fine for me, might be just a temporary fix for the higher class .

Mailbox Hack 1.jpg

Works great, those are 2 aluminum rivets. The tabs that attach the arm to the box are becoming loose I will drill the center of the stressed plastic circle you see on the mount and add a longer rivet with fender washers to insure it doesn't pull out. This summer .

Mailbox Hack 2.jpg
    iamtooler and beachburl like this.
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Quick Mail Box Flag Hack

I don't get end of driveway delivery.
    I have to walk a half block.
    My compartment is the only one with its original lock.
    And the whole thing is still painted brown.

And I don't drink coffee.
    Carlosinthesticks likes this.
    Noel

"Being so impressed with the beauty of nature, I never cease to be amazed at how the
    'touch of the human hand' can transform it into another kind of beauty that is so uniquely human.
    "

John Snow, Outdoorsman and Retired Teacher

Comment

We have rural Super Boxes down the road, they are being replaced again after some @#$% &!@% ran into them again.
      • “The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.”Winston Churchill

Comment

Canada Post was never a democracy, you get what they give you and don't complain . Saw them install a superbox at the entrance to my road a while back, I figured oh no, turns out they didn't want to drive to the next road so residents have to come to our road to pick up there mail. Maybe because that area is mostly summer cottages.

More and more wise researchers say coffee is good for you .

Comment

When we lived in the country, when I was a kid, we had no flag on our box. We turned the door out to face the road if we had mail to go and left the box parallel to the road if we didn't ... same for the mailman. Then we got a new mailman, so we had to get a box with a flag .... not sure what was so hard to understand about rotating the box.

I lived in Stittsville from 1986 to 2010. I lived in the same house for those 24 years. I had five snail-mail addresses and I never moved .... not once .... but I didn't have a mailbox, rotating or flagged or otherwise.

Now I walk around the block to get my mail. I get to say hi to my neighbours (the post office is in a neighbour's house). I get to feed cookies to all the dogs I pass on the walk. I get some exercise, although ..... it looks like maybe Carlos gets more exercise than I do down that lane of his and back

My post office ::

postoffice.JPG
          Kayhan and Carlosinthesticks like this.

Comment

It's a nice breath of fresh air John, even when I am to lazy to do the lane way, fresh snow lets me see the tracks of all the wildlife that has been enjoying my property, lots of rabbits, but that fox always makes regular rounds. Back when this area was built up by returning WWII vets the old homestead on my property was the post office for this area.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Originally posted by Carlosinthesticks View Post
              Canada Post was never a democracy, you get what they give you and don't complain . Saw them install a superbox at the entrance to my road a while back, I figured oh no, turns out they didn't want to drive to the next road so residents have to come to our road to pick up there mail. Maybe because that area is mostly summer cottages.

More and more wise researchers say coffee is good for you .
              A while back I asked the girl at Canada Post office in my village to try to get a superbox at the beginning of our private road, (12 customers), she told me, no way Canada Post will do that, so tried to explain to her that it will be good for everybody to have a super box, less people on the road to go check their mail, so less polution, she still said no way. So I wrote to Canada Post and told them the same story, two weeks later I had a rep coming over to my house and two months later we had a super box installed at the beginning of the road. Everybody on my road has his own box and at the bottom there are bigger boxes for parcel, Canada Post leaves a key in your mail box and problem solve, but if the package does not fit in the big box, they leave a card and you have to go to the post offrice to get your box, One day I took my walk with Sophie and at the same time check my mail, and there was a card in my mail box, so went back home took the van and drove to town (12km) to get the box, again I asked the woman, why did the delivery girl did not take the box with her, her reply was that it was too big for the big box, so again I tried to explained to her that the delivery person drove the 12km to place a piece of paper in my mail box and that I had to drive the same 12 km two times to get the box, her reply was that if I live less than .3km from the main box, they have to deliver everything that does not fit or a letter that requires a signature at my home. So I calculated the distance from my house to the super box and it is .2km from the main mail box, so now I get everything at home, except that if the letter needs a signature and I am not home, than I have to go to the post office to get the letter.
              Jacques

Comment

Thats great Jacgues .2 KM is alot shorter than my lane way never mind the distance to the Superbox. If it can't fit in the mailbox and it is less than 60 Lbs it gets delivered to my door. Can't complain about that YET. They still have to compete with other delivery services, purolator, fedex, muskoka, etc.

Comment

Working...
                X