Kitchen Cabinet Doors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitchen Cabinet Doors

Our 25 yr old cabinets are in great shape but the finish on the doors is wearing off and generally very tired
    we also want to switch a couple of cabinets from door/drawer to full drawers.
    so i'm looking at new doors and drawer fronts.
    Style would be painted(white) flat panel shaker style.
    I have the ability to make them or order them.
    I do not have spraying facilities, i will have to do a brushed finish on the various end cabinets or cover them with prefinished panels.
    my shop is a beaver lodge
    steve, sarnia, ont

1940's Craftmaster Lathe

https://www.facebook.com/artistryinwoodca/
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Kitchen Cabinet Doors

Hi Steve,
    If you're painting them by hand, lots of painters I know love Benjamin Moore Advanced. Levels really well, and the finish is pretty durable once it cures. Not sure what your budget is, or how many doors and fronts we're talking about, but it shouldn't cost that much to get a local cabinet shop to spray them for you. If you do order them from Walzcraft or Caron or some other place, you could have sent directly to the shop. Most kitchen shops (including my own) are pretty slow right now. I can help you out, if you want. Just shoot me a pm.
    Tim

Comment

There are doors manufacturers that will make and finish doors for you. Vinyl Wrapped doors are also very popular as they are ready to go.

Allstyle Doors in Toronto (Drew is the owner) will make MDF or Wood doors and paints in house.

TDM (The Door Maker) in Mississauga or Metro Doors and Woodworking in Mississauga do MDF machining as well as Vinyl wraps.
      Mark
      www.masterfinishing.ca

Comment

Originally posted by master finishing View Post
        There are doors manufacturers that will make and finish doors for you. Vinyl Wrapped doors are also very popular as they are ready to go.

Allstyle Doors in Toronto (Drew is the owner) will make MDF or Wood doors and paints in house.

TDM (The Door Maker) in Mississauga or Metro Doors and Woodworking in Mississauga do MDF machining as well as Vinyl wraps.
        I'm two months plus in and still waiting on painted doors from allstyle currently so may not be the best option until covid is done and over with.
        On that note I'll still be over to see you again one of these days mark.

Comment

i've installed 100's of kitchens over the last 25 years and ive seen enough vinyl wrap to know that i dont want it!
          painted wood it will be, the decision now is make them or buy them, but i will be having them painted as well as a few overlay panels to cover the exposed ends of cabinets that are exposed.
          i may add a crownmold trim and lightrail, not sure yet as our kitchen has bulkheads over the cabinets
          my shop is a beaver lodge
          steve, sarnia, ont

1940's Craftmaster Lathe

https://www.facebook.com/artistryinwoodca/

Comment

Working...
          X