Outdoor stain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outdoor stain

Looking for a good stain for outdoor for fencing. Something that isnt going to need to be touched up every year. We have probably a good 1000' of fence that will need to be stained. My options for hardware stores are Home Hardware, Timber Mart, Castle home building center and Canadian Tire. Looking for a brown stain.
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Outdoor stain

In the same boat as you, I'm looking at https://onetimewood.com/
    scroudt likes this.
    Jerome
    Canada's South Coast

Port Colborne On.
    Every loaf of bread is a tragic tale of grains that could've become whiskey.......but didn't....

Comment

Whatever you use be sure to prep and prep and then when you're done prep. When you reach the point of giving up and saying the heck with it, only then open the stain can.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome View Post
        Sounds like a decent product.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome View Post
          Can't seem to locate any stores near me that carries it.

Comment

Originally posted by RV Sam View Post
            Whatever you use be sure to prep and prep and then when you're done prep. When you reach the point of giving up and saying the heck with it, only then open the stain can.
            I just finished putting up privacy fence around my property using brown treated wood. What kind of prep do I need to do before I can stain it? And is it a different step if you're painting it?
            Thanks!

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

no prep needed for a new fence. stain don't paint you'll thank me later.
              scroudt likes this.
              Jerome
              Canada's South Coast

Port Colborne On.
              Every loaf of bread is a tragic tale of grains that could've become whiskey.......but didn't....

Comment

Originally posted by zotilraxx View Post

I just finished putting up privacy fence around my property using brown treated wood. What kind of prep do I need to do before I can stain it? And is it a different step if you're painting it?
                Thanks!
                Don't do anything. Wait until next year and see if you like the colour of the fence. What colour are you looking for?? Tints can be got for the treated stuff but if you want no maintenance then don't add anything but a transparent stain.
                zotilraxx and RV Sam like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Wally in Calgary View Post

Don't do anything. Wait until next year and see if you like the colour of the fence. What colour are you looking for?? Tints can be got for the treated stuff but if you want no maintenance then don't add anything but a transparent stain.
                  Hey Wally,
                  Somebody did mention that to me. I want to do a darker brown to match the trims of the rest of the house. Sort of like nutmeg or darker. I am not really ready to do it now. I am building a deck later on this year (or maybe spring of next year) depending on the finances. So I might wait and do all at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                  X