What paint for baseboards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What paint for baseboards

My wife wants me to put in some new baseboards this weekend. Any recommendations for what paint to use. Needs to be tough as I have four kids that play a lot of mini-sticks in the basement! Thanks.
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: What paint for baseboards

Get a top quality trim paint. Goto Benjamin moore and get the best they have. Personally I stay with latex paints but for durability you can't beat oil-based paint.
    Steve The Drill Sergeant
    Check out MyShopNotes on YouTube.

Comment

Comment

I used Advance in the fifth wheel & it has survived feral grand kids very well.
        Les Groeller likes this.

Comment

Two votes for Benjamin Moore Advance. Sounds like a plan.

Comment

Behr does have a trim & Cabinet paint that seems to work very well. I used to use Benjamin Moore products all the time for my personal home but found the price tag had jumped to an excessive level. I tried the Behr line at Home Depot and have been using it ever since. They even have frequent rebate offers to help a bit.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Comment

I am currently renovating my home and used Emerald Urethane Trim Enamel and I got to say I was impressed. I sprayed and brushed this paint in a semi-gloss and it laid down very smooth and void of any brush marks... where I used a brush I hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by Grailwoodworks View Post
                  My wife wants me to put in some new baseboards this weekend. Any recommendations for what paint to use. Needs to be tough as I have four kids that play a lot of mini-sticks in the basement! Thanks.
                  Use oak and oil them!!

Comment

Working...
                  X