Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerome
    replied
    The best thing to do is have the local building inspector over and ask them they would have to sign off on it anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Wood Grower
    replied
    The whole garage isn’t super tall but I could gain some good headroom . It’s only inches above overhead door height inside.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Wood Grower
    replied
    You can see where at wall it hooks to wood hold on roof. And also 2 different boards holding with horizontal board. This is sort of mirrored to other side so like 4 boards helping to hold up horizontal board.

Leave a comment:

• John Bartley
    replied
    Originally posted by Wood Grower View Post
    I am not really sure? But when I see a picture of Trusses it seems mine might look more like that, but I don't think I have all the steel it shows at the connections. Here is an image sort of resembling what I think it looks like : https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/bui...-for-beginners.
    How about a photo ?

Leave a comment:

• Wood Grower
    replied
    I am not really sure? But when I see a picture of Trusses it seems mine might look more like that, but I don't think I have all the steel it shows at the connections. Here is an image sort of resembling what I think it looks like : https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/bui...-for-beginners.

Leave a comment:

• John Bartley
    replied
    Is your roof built with trusses or rafters?

Leave a comment:

• Wood Grower
    started a topic Garage 'ceiling height'

Garage 'ceiling height'

I have a concrete block wall garage with a wooden roof and everything to hold it up. Inside the wood goes straight across from wall to wall. Is it possible to cut off that long piece and change the ceiling height into a vaulted ceiling to give more working height inside the garage? And if this is possible, how do you go about getting it done?

Thank you.
Working...
X