Garden Shed Flooring

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garden Shed Flooring

A daughter has just had a 8'x10' garden shed built. The floor is OSB, the question posed was "should I paint this?". My first reaction was NO, it's extra work for little value. What are the opinions of others who have had some experience in this area? Roy R.
    Are you solving the problem, or becoming part of it?

Re: Garden Shed Flooring

Originally posted by Roy in Thunder Bay View Post
    A daughter has just had a 8'x10' garden shed built. The floor is OSB, the question posed was "should I paint this?". My first reaction was NO, it's extra work for little value. What are the opinions of others who have had some experience in this area? Roy R.
    I'd likely stain/seal it. Give you a little protection for stuff brought in from outside wet.

Matt
    SPCHT

Comment

I built one and did stain mine. it added a little bit of protection but around the front door the boards are almost rotted out and need to be replaced. I would consider putting in either a metal plate or some better protection by the door to get inside as that will go in about 5-6 years. Everything else in my shed it pristine.
      Matt

People are like a box of chocolates. It's hard to tell initially which ones are nuts.

Comment

Water based driveway sealer, waterproof and durable.
        sigpic
        Jerome
        Canada's South Coast
        Port Colborne On.
        Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.
        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Depends on the quality of the OSB. I've had mine for 20 years with no problems except stains from spills. I didn't seal it, though I expect sealing would have improved the appearance longterm. I've had more issues with the base of the outside walls, even though they're raised above the ground.
          Jim

Comment

I would put something on it. Heck, head to your nearest paint store and get a free (or almost free) can of some sort of mis-tint. OSB gets pretty grungy after a while and some paint would help.

Comment

Thanks to all for your advice/opinions. Roy R.
              Are you solving the problem, or becoming part of it?

Comment

Working...
              X