X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Owen
    replied
    Re: Self Levelling Cement

Hello Chazel. I went to Cannac Marquis yesterday. They carry Pro Plan leveler. It costs 42.77 $ for a 22.7 kg bag. They also explained to me what I did wrong. When you mix that product up you just trowel a layer on the veneer. It is not necessary to put it on say one eight of an inch thick. What is important is to spread it out by leveling it close to the veneer. It is not the thickness that counts. In fact you could probably use a straight piece of wood to level it out. Just press hard enough to skim the surface of the veneer. I hope you enjoy the job as it does not seem as hard as that. Bye for now.

Leave a comment:

• bender
    replied

+1 for Ardex

Leave a comment:

• OttawaP
    replied

Originally posted by Owen View Post
    How does one get the whole room level. I did it and it wasn't even. It should have been say one eight inch thick but in some spots it was higher. How do you level it. Thank you in advance. Also Chad I bought the pre mix stuff from where i bought the vinyl tiles. Good luck on your project Chad.
    These products are not meant for a whole room one bag at a time. You need to effectively mix enough bags all at once if you don't have the experience. A bathroom sized area is fine with a little attention to the install.

One way I've done a large room area is to use my laser transit level. You would put screws in the floor about every 4' or so and drive them in until the top of the screw is at the right height, then it's just a matter of pouring the floor and topping off the screws. Still a bit trickey but it works.

Leave a comment:

• Chazel_1
    replied

Thanks for the replies guys!

Christian im in Swift Current so will check with the Co-Op here and see what they have.

Thanks Owen! Im hopeing buy buying something others have used succesfully i wont have the same problem as U did!!

Leave a comment:

• Owen
    replied

How does one get the whole room level. I did it and it wasn't even. It should have been say one eight inch thick but in some spots it was higher. How do you level it. Thank you in advance. Also Chad I bought the pre mix stuff from where i bought the vinyl tiles. Good luck on your project Chad.

Leave a comment:

• Christian G
    replied

Ardex is good stuff and is what a lot of pro use. I don't know where you live but my local Co-op carries Ardex v1200. I've also come across Ardex k15 in town which is even better but probably overkill if you're going to be tiling over it.

Leave a comment:

• Steven@Barrie
    replied

I have used this with good luck:

http://www.quikrete.com/productlines...acerSLPro3.asp

They also have a fast setting version which I have not used:

http://www.quikrete.com/productlines...rfacerFSSL.asp

Good luck!

Steven

Leave a comment:

• OttawaP
    replied

This product and Profix are both very good. Can you tell I'm a Renovation Contractor??? Who else would have a constant supply readily available......most important with these products is to mix the EXACT amount of water recomended in the instructions.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by OttawaP; 01-30-2012, 07:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Tee Jay
    replied

I don't have any actual knowledge on self leveling products but I would check out a supplier that specializes in tile products. Not an everything including the kitchen sink store.

T J

Leave a comment:

• Chazel_1
    started a topic Self Levelling Cement

Self Levelling Cement

Can anyone recamend a good self leveling cement?
    Im gonig to be tileing my bathroom floor in the basement and after i busted the cement out to run the new drains i didnt get the cement really flat afterwards. Thaught i would put a layer of self leveling cement over the whole floor before i go ahead and tile.

The stuff from home hardware has terrible reviews so looking for anouther brand or advice. Bath is about 90 sq ft or so.

Chad
Working...
X