X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2 1/2" rubber Stripping? Rolls?

Originally posted by Kbird123 View Post
    Hi thanks guys , I was searching Henry Foundation Tape..... and didn't find it...

I have used the WP200 a number of times (36"high ), just hadn't seen it in 4" rolls , but after talking to my suppliers , they have it for $ 75.00 Roll (75ft), be way cheaper to buy the large roll and slit it up I think....

still looking at the option of Truck Cap (canopy) Tape , which Acklands Grainger has in 2" wide too. though Cost would be about the same for 200ft as its $25 roll but only 30lft so I'd need 7 rolls.

Mick.
    The problem with Truck Cap tape is it can wonder around. If your using it for a waterproofing seal, the last thing youd want is to have the foam tape "oozing" out to one side after several summers of heat.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Hmmmm my understanding was Truck Cap Tape has PSA on one side , so figured it would be "fixed" to the glass with the adhesive , then the metal strip/cap would compress it as well when they are screwed back on....

so maybe it will be Peel and Stick then , since the other foam I found for Vehicles is $200 roll and I'd need two....

beginning to think I could replace the glass with Twin Wall Polycarbonate sheeting for the Price it will cost to replace the old glass.

Mick.

Comment

yup it does have PSA... however for whatever reason, it can squirm, at least in cap or bedliner applications.

Comment

Thanks for the follow up Jason..... I have read bad things about Peel and Stick under metal flashing and it literally melting with the heat in summer , so I was thinking the Foam maybe better.....

Mick.

Comment

Originally posted by Kbird123 View Post
            Thanks for the follow up Jason..... I have read bad things about Peel and Stick under metal flashing and it literally melting with the heat in summer , so I was thinking the Foam maybe better.....

Mick.
            Im sure there likely is a foam type product that will work, I just wouldnt try cap foam in this application. The roof area is a pretty harsh environment for a product not designed to go there.

Comment

The only other Foam I found was the 3M Automotive Sealing Tape , but in the Roof application maybe no better than the Truck Foam ? the 2" is $180 Roll and I'd need two plus shipping from Toronto perhaps... haven't found it out here yet..

http://www.uline.ca/Product/Detail/S...e-2-x-36-yards

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...
              Working...
              X