Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water in Kitchen started tasting undrinkable, other faucets taste fine.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water in Kitchen started tasting undrinkable, other faucets taste fine.

So I have a bit of a strange one. For the past couple of weeks the water from the kitchen sink faucet has been undrinkable. It is so chemical tasting and smelling that I can't even cook with it. Cooked some spaghetti, and the noodles tasted like poison. The rest of the faucets in the house taste normal like my water always has. What do you think is causing the sickening taste? Maybe something inside the faucet itself corroding or something like that? I guess it could be the pipes, but they are all the same throughout the house. Anyone have any ideas?
    Darren Brewster
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Water in Kitchen started tasting undrinkable, other faucets taste fine.

Have you removed the aerator and cleaned out the screens?
    ...Terry

Comment

I did. I ran the water with all of that stuff off and it still had the taste and smell.
      Darren Brewster
      Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Comment

I would disconnect the facet at the shut-offs and taste the water from the shut-off. If it is ok, I would taste it with the riser tubes. If it is ok, then replace the facet.
        ...Terry

Comment

If it's a tap that takes both feeds have you noticed anything from the hot water? If not I would run the tap for 20 minutes to see if it's something in that piping. Failing that call the municipality and they will sample. Could be your on a dead end an it needs to be flushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Overkill-F1 View Post
            I would disconnect the facet at the shut-offs and taste the water from the shut-off. If it is ok, I would taste it with the riser tubes. If it is ok, then replace the facet.
            ...Terry
            This seems like a sensible approach. Eliminate the causes one by one. It will also give me a good excuse to put cut offs on the kitchen sink. Both bathrooms have them, but not the kitchen for some reason.
            Darren Brewster
            Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...
            Working...
            X