This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uploading Images to the Forum

Some Forum members are experiencing intermittent problems uploading images to the Forum. vBulletin tech support tells us there are two reasons this may be occurring. When photos are uploaded, stored data about the image (EXIF data) is attached to the file. vBulletin has a problem with some EXIF data from some smartphones and tablets, and some older digital cameras. If you are uploading photos from any of these devices, that may be causing the problem.

According to vBulletin, they are aware of this issue and are working to resolve it in the next update, which is expected sometime in early 2017.

In the interim, if you experience a problem uploading an image you might try opening the image in an image editor, re-saving the image, and then try posting it to the Forum. The editor I've been using, which is free, is XNview. You can download it via this link: http://www.xnview.com/en/xnviewmp/Works on both PC and Mac.

I'd also like to remind you that there are two ways to upload and view images to the Forum.

You can use the "Image Icon" on the editor bar (click the "A" at the top right of the post window to toggle the editor bar on and off), or you can use the "Attachments" button to the top right of the post window.

If you use the 'Image Icon' button, the photos will appear, sequentially, in the body of the post, at maximum size. You can change the display features of a photo by right clicking on the image.

If you use the 'Attachments' button, the photos will be appear, in a small size, in an "Attached Files" box at the bottom of the post. To see the full size image you need to click on the photo - it will open in a NEW window. Note that if you close the window (by clicking on the X) then you're Forum session will end. However, if you click on the 'go back' (or 'return') arrow, you will return to the Forum post.
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Uploading Images to the Forum

Originally posted by Carl Duguay View Post

If you use the 'Attachments' button, the photos will be appear, in a small size, in an "Attached Files" box at the bottom of the post. To see the full size image you need to click on the photo - it will open in a NEW window. Note that if you close the window (by clicking on the X) then you're Forum session will end. However, if you click on the 'go back' (or 'return') arrow, you will return to the Forum post.
    This is a little deceiving as you can also use the ATTACHMENTS button and then hit one of the size buttons --( full size for me ) then it will show in your post without going to a new page.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	W3.jpg
Views:	630
Size:	235.0 KB
ID:	1075956

See my post here
    Last edited by Wally in Calgary; 10-16-2016, 05:03 PM.

Comment

i have an iphone7 and i'm unable to load pictures from this phone as there is not enough pixels available on this site any chance that this can be upgraded.

Thanks

Allan

Comment

Originally posted by Allan in Oshawa View Post
        i have an iphone7 and i'm unable to load pictures from this phone as there is not enough pixels available on this site any chance that this can be upgraded.

Thanks

Allan
        I also have an I phone and work around this issue by emailing the images to myself, selecting large (303 kb) size. Seems to work.

Comment

Hi Rory let me see if i have this correctly, you take a picture with your phone then you email it to yourself then you download it to your photo's then attach to a subject on this site. that seems to be quite a process.

Comment

Originally posted by Allan in Oshawa View Post
            Hi Rory let me see if i have this correctly, you take a picture with your phone then you email it to yourself then you download it to your photo's then attach to a subject on this site. that seems to be quite a process.
            Yup

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

A voice from the wilderness. I get my internet through a Wifi tower a few kilometres away. There is a limited bandwidth and big pictures take a long time to download. It is better for the ones like me if the pictures aren't in the megapixel size ranges. I appreciate those that resize their pictures one way or the other to post them. I download my iPhone pictures to the desktop and resize them there for posting.

Pete

Comment

thanks Pete i'll have to figure that one out.

Comment

There is a file size limit for images uploaded to the Forum, which is 4608 by 3456 px. You should be able to select an image size on your digital cameras or smartphone that is smaller than 4608 by 3456, or you may be able to resize the image in your device before uploading to the Forum. Otherwise you can download the image to your computer and resize it using a program like XnView (free to use for both PC and OS: https://www.xnview.com/en/xnview/).

Comment

Working...
                  X