Wrong Information in your magazine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong Information in your magazine

The "Wireless Audio" section in your June/July 2017 issue gives wrong information on the Wireless Earphones. You mention a range of 100 feet for all of them, which is patently wrong. All Bluetooth devices have a maximum range of 30 feet. When I read your article I got all excited about getting one of them, thinking there had been some advance in Bluetooth technology, but when I went to the products' websites, I was disappointed to see that all the ranges were just 30 feet. Something you should research before going to print maybe?
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Wrong Information in your magazine

We listed wireless ranges as specified by the manufacturers. I didn't test the wireless range on any of the earphones - I think most people will carry their mobile device with them when wearing the earphones - but I did test the wireless range on several of the portable speakers and jobsite radios, and as long as there is an unobstructed line of sight between the speaker/radio and your mobile device, you will get the specified wireless range.

Comment

Re: Wrong Information in your magazine

Originally posted by pesiunwalla View Post
      The "Wireless Audio" section in your June/July 2017 issue gives wrong information on the Wireless Earphones. You mention a range of 100 feet for all of them, which is patently wrong. All Bluetooth devices have a maximum range of 30 feet. When I read your article I got all excited about getting one of them, thinking there had been some advance in Bluetooth technology, but when I went to the products' websites, I was disappointed to see that all the ranges were just 30 feet. Something you should research before going to print maybe?
      "all" bluetooth devices do not have a range of 30'. It depends on the bluetooth class. Class 1 devices can have a range of up to 100', class 2 devices can have a range up to 30' https://www.sans.edu/cyber-research/...icle/bluetooth

Comment

Working...
      X