.modal-content: Advertisement cat and mouse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: .modal-content: Advertisement cat and mouse

The ads do not bother me, I find that I can easily ignore them without any ad-blocker,subscription price, etc. JMO, Roy
    Are you solving the problem, or becoming part of it?

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Originally posted by Rob Brown View Post

I'm not sure, to be honest, but I don't think it really has much to do with this conversation. I don't know the ins and outs of the money side, but am guessing that the advertisers just want their products / services seen, and they feel our site may help them get the word out about their products, so they go with us. There are many ways to earn revenue from a site, and this is the one the owner has chosen. Who knows.......if forum users spoke, and left because of this sort of thing, it would likely generate some discussion, but it seems to be working fine right now.
      The reason that I ask is ..... if the ads have to be clicked on in order to earn revenue, then those of us who use ad blockers are not likely costing the website any revenue anyway, mostly because I, and I assume the others also, will NOT click on ads anyway. So, having the adblock is a moot point.

If the ads do not have to be clicked on to earn the site revenue, then I will be happy to make an exception and whitelist this forum, but I will NOT under any circumstances click on an ad link.

Comment

I actually like the ads because I find them extremely well curated/topical... local canadian woodworking companies... it's the stuff I spend my money on. Theres none of this google adwords crap, its real local companies.

Comment

I saw the request to whitelist this site only on 3 visits and then it disappeared, I liked the fact that it won't be back for an entire month, I already forgot about it although I must admit,seeing the request made me realize how dependant this site is to the revenue these ads generate. ironically a couple of days after I received a different request from the ad blocker to donate $$ " whatever amount I can" so they can continue providing that service .

Comment

Working...
          X