Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gmf001
    replied
    that's the one - looks like a fun project.

Leave a comment:

• Rob Brown
    replied
    Hi Mark,

I think this is the article you're thinking of:

https://www.canadianwoodworking.com/...-paper-lantern

It was a fun one to make. Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• gmf001
    replied
    I also really enjoyed the issue. I'm an periodic reader of the magazine, but have a deep interest in lighting. I restore antique lighting as a hobby, but also very interested in modern programmable LED lighting and the confluence of woodworking, lighting and modern materials is an interesting one. I may tackle one of the projects, but rather than paper shades look at using curved mica panels.
    The reason for my post is that on page 6 of the magazine there is a promise of a plan for a desktop lamp with a curved front with a somewhat mission look to it. However, when I go to the free plans area of the web site that plan is not to be found. Have I missed something??

thanks
    Mark

Leave a comment:

• Rob Brown
    replied
    Glad you enjoyed the issue, John. I had a blast putting it together. Truth be told, it took a few years to gather the content for that issue; I first had it scheduled for two years ago.

If anyone has a chance to do any of the projects please email a few photos to me. I'd love to include them on the letters page on an upcoming issue.

Leave a comment:

• John Bartley
    started a topic Magazine Issue #117 Dec/Jan 2018/2019

Magazine Issue #117 Dec/Jan 2018/2019

I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed looking at the lighting projects in the magazine this month. There are some petty awesome wood craft people out there !!

If you have a chance to look at the magazine ... do it!
Working...
X