Forum slow?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum slow?

I have found that the forum is .... slow in a strange way. Sometimes it is the same speed as other websites I open, and sometimes it seems to "pause" as it it's waiting for something. Several times (many times) over the past weeks I have waited for fifteen or twenty seconds for a page to load, then gave up and went elsewhere. I come back to it a few minutes later and it's fine.

In case you are wondering .... no, I have done nothing new to my computer(s) and ..... it only happens with this forum ... no other sites. I have my AdBlocker set to allow ads on CWW and as I said ... only this site.
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Forum slow?

I have experienced the same.
    • “The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.”Winston Churchill

Comment

I suspect that forum software shares a sever that has a lot of traffic from other websites or too many websites.
      I’m just guessing here.
      John
      If you learn from your mistakes, then I'm getting a fantastic education.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I'll ask tech support to look into this.

Comment

Thank you Carl,

It's not an important issue as it doesn't happen all the time, and I can always get to where I need to be. I'm just glad it's more than just me who noticed.... My computer is probably ok.

Comment

I too have the 'stall' problem - always telling me in yellow that it is "working."
            Sometimes 'refresh' helps, and others it doesn't.
            I think the consistency is the lack of consistency.

Noel
            "Being so impressed with the beauty of nature, I never cease to be amazed at how the
            'touch of the human hand' can transform it into another kind of beauty that is so uniquely human.
            "
            John Snow, Outdoorsman and Retired Teacher

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...
            Working...
            X