Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jaywood1207
    replied
    Very slow this morning with no issues on other sites.

Leave a comment:

• Harold , Cape Breton
    replied
    Wow , I was thinking it was our internet that was slow . Live in the country and 5-6 mbps is about the norm but the forum is Wickedly SLOW .

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    Originally posted by Allan in Oshawa View Post
    hi folks i posted something an hour or so ago and it went thru without a hitch and got a reply so it seems to be working for me

Allan
    The point is Alan that if it works for you it should work for everyone and it isn't.

Leave a comment:

• Glenn from Winnipeg
    replied
    Originally posted by John Bartley View Post
    Today, when posting, I am again getting the "invalid server response" message that we had a couple of years ago.
    Today I had that error a number of times on UTube and elsewhere. May be bigger than just this site???

Leave a comment:

• Allan in Oshawa
    replied
    hi folks i posted something an hour or so ago and it went thru without a hitch and got a reply so it seems to be working for me

Allan

Leave a comment:

• John Bartley
    replied
    Today, when posting, I am again getting the "invalid server response" message that we had a couple of years ago.

Leave a comment:

• redlee
    replied
    Im having intermittent problems also, sometimes its fast then slow. The worst seems to be posting something and editing.

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    Sorry,,, I meant post i guess.

To edit also takes a while. I'm shocked that anyone responded at all thx
    Last edited by Rusty; 08-07-2019, 11:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• schor
    replied
    Originally posted by Rusty View Post

I hope you guys aren't resting on your laurels because the site ain't fixed yet. It's still dead slow etc.

26 seconds to load this.
    Just to open this thread? It took me 2 seconds. The only thing I find slow is making a post.

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    Originally posted by Carl Duguay View Post
    Since our recent software upgrade a few weeks ago, some users have experienced problems with the Forum - mainly an inability to post and menu links/buttons not working. We believe that the problem has to do with Forum skins (styles).

We have turned off the option that allows users to select custom skins. Once the issue is fully resolved we will turn the skin option back on.
    I hope you guys aren't resting on your laurels because the site ain't fixed yet. It's still dead slow etc.

26 seconds to load this.

Leave a comment:

• beachburl
    replied
    Thanks.

Noel

Leave a comment:

• scooby074
    replied
    Originally posted by beachburl View Post
    Sorry.
    What's a skin?
    A skin is basically "a look" the user can select for the forum. Right now, you are likely using the "default skin". There are the options to select different "skins" which change the superficial appearance. Things like colours , fonts, or the shapes of the dividing bars between posts etc etc. Basically its just an option to change the colour scheme /appearance of the website. Some forums allow more individual customization options than others. Its called "a skin", because its basically a covering applied over "the bones" of the forum, like your skin.

Leave a comment:

• beachburl
    replied
    Sorry.
    What's a skin?

Leave a comment:

• Wally in Calgary
    replied
    I still cannot sign in unless I remove my cookies and that only lasts for one session and then I have to go to the Members List to sign in. It's the same as last time that I reported this. My recent photos are not there either.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	CWW.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	375.5 KB
ID:	1245839

Leave a comment:

• Carl Duguay
    started a topic Recent Issues with the Forum

Recent Issues with the Forum

Since our recent software upgrade a few weeks ago, some users have experienced problems with the Forum - mainly an inability to post and menu links/buttons not working. We believe that the problem has to do with Forum skins (styles).

We have turned off the option that allows users to select custom skins. Once the issue is fully resolved we will turn the skin option back on.
Working...
X