Invalid image file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invalid image file

While attempting to add pictures to a pm last night got subject message. See this morning Rusty got the same message when trying to add a picture to his reply to a finishing thread. Has something changed to how one attaches pictures?
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Invalid image file

I am seeing the same thing......
    The difference between a master and a beginner: The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.

Comment

If this gets fixed why can't we have a simple one click method for posting a damn picture. There simply are too many ways to post a picture or a video. Years ago it was easy for everyone to do, Now it's so complicated it's ridiculous and for those of you who keep saying it's easy you're wrong so quit saying it. Too many new members come on here and ask how to post pictures for it to be easy. Yes it's easy once you figured it out or got help from someone in the know but that does not make it easy!!!!

It's almost like some guy sitting in a cubicle asking himself; What can I do to the program today to PO people.
      "Do it Right!"

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
        If this gets fixed why can't we have a simple one click method for posting a damn picture. There simply are too many ways to post a picture or a video. Years ago it was easy for everyone to do, Now it's so complicated it's ridiculous and for those of you who keep saying it's easy you're wrong so quit saying it. Too many new members come on here and ask how to post pictures for it to be easy. Yes it's easy once you figured it out or got help from someone in the know but that does not make it easy!!!!

It's almost like some guy sitting in a cubicle asking himself; What can I do to the program today to PO people.
        Oh man, do I ever agree with this. You never know what's going to happen when you try to view images. Sometimes they open 1 at a time, sometimes they open a separate window, sometimes a slideshow (that may or may not work properly) and sometime there will be all 3 in the same post.

I value this forum and appreciate the efforts that go into making it run, but the software and/or servers it uses is really bad. And don't get me started on reliability of the site & the times it takes to save a post. At some point people are just going to slowly migrate to other forums.

Edit: the above post took over 20 seconds to save. Most forums take just a few seconds.
        [email protected] likes this.

Comment

I got the "invalid file" msg this morning while trying to post a pic.
          I have posted that exact same pic before with no problems.
          So what's up?
          This last upgrade seems to be a downgrade in a lot of respects.
          Frustrating

Comment

I believe that most if not all the problems stem from the forum hosting site.
            I couldn’t get on the forum at all yesterday, until after 6:00 EDT.
            Have had very slow access today, and ONLY on the forum. All other sites are fine.
            Once the advertisers realize that people are avoiding the site at certain times or all together, the revenues will slow.
            John
            Last edited by [email protected]; 07-17-2019, 11:19 AM.
            If you learn from your mistakes, then I'm getting a fantastic education.

Comment

Sometimes I play a free solitaire game on my iPhone. It's inundated with startup ads. I don't play it very often and I would not buy anything from the owner because it aggravates me so much.
              "Do it Right!"

Comment

5:50 pm here and it still doesn't work. No report from the forum as to what's wrong either. Maybe the IT department is on holiday!
                "Do it Right!"

Comment

Was hoping to hear from somebody. In responding to a PM yesterday selected the attachment button, then to desktop selection where pictures were and clicked. Screen showed trying to load then the notice of failure after 10 seconds or so. Would be nice if the moderators can either fix whatever is causing the issue or give me a hint how to now upload pics!!

Comment

I am having the same trouble. It's not something moderators can fix. It seems to have cropped up since the last update, the same one that caused issues with the different skins not working properly.

Comment

I see Lee Valley has product videos available in the ad at the top of the forum front page. Isn't that something new too.

Frankly I didn't expect that a moderator would be able to fix it but some IT department person should be able, to unless it's the same person who did the latest upgrades. LOL
                      "Do it Right!"

Comment

Still down? ........................................YEP!!

Crikey,,,,,,,,,,,,I wonder if they left the lights on when they left?? LMAO

"Do it Right!"

Comment

C'mon you admin guys!!
                          Two weeks now and the problem hasn't been fixed and no communication to say when, or if, it's going to be fixed.
                          That's getting close to unacceptable service IMO,

Comment

Sometimes I feel like I'm a beta tester when I use this forum.
                            the other Ken
                            ------
                            "Each flitch, each board, each plant can have only one ideal use. The woodworker, applying a thousand skills, must find that ideal use and then shape the wood to realize its true potential" - George Nakashima

Comment

Originally posted by the_other_ken View Post
                              Sometimes I feel like I'm a beta tester when I use this forum.
                              Isn't that exciting? And free to boot!
                              Rob

Comment

Working...
                              X