Tapatalk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tapatalk

Every time I open a topic to view it the software asks me to "open with Tapatalk" and will not let me continue.
    is this a change in forum policy or some unknown side effect of recent software updates?
    i do not like Tapatalk, do not have it installed and in any case cannot instal it because it is not compatible with the IOS which is admittedly out of date but is the highest version that will run on this iPad.
    if we now must use Tapatalk then I guess I will have to leave the forum.
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Tapatalk

I've never used the phone to access the site, but I just tried it through the chrome browser on my android and it asked me if I wanted to open in taptalk or in chrome, I selected chrome. There is no don't ask me again checkbox, but any new threads I open do not ask me again. It was a one time thing.
    Steve The Drill Sergeant
    Check out MyShopNotes on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by schor View Post
      I've never used the phone to access the site, but I just tried it through the chrome browser on my android and it asked me if I wanted to open in taptalk or in chrome, I selected chrome. There is no don't ask me again checkbox, but any new threads I open do not ask me again. It was a one time thing.
      Same here.
      Cheers
      Randy

Comment

It would ask me the same a few years ago. It was a nuisance. Then it stopped. Just recently, it started asking me again. It is still the nuisance I remembered.

Comment

Carl Duguay any ideas?
          Steve The Drill Sergeant
          Check out MyShopNotes on YouTube.

Comment

For the most part Tapatalk has been working well for the majority of mobile users that have it installed. When you log onto the Forum from a mobile device, and you don't have Tapatalk installed on your device, you should be asked only once if you want to use Tapatalk or your browser to view the Forum. You should certainly not be asked if you want to use Tapatalk every time you access a post.

We have purchased the vBulletin Mobile Suite, an alternative to Tapatalk, and will be installing and testing it over the coming weeks.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Tapatalk ad did the same thing to me, but only once. The only way I could continue was to completely close the browser & start over. I tried Tapatalk & didn't like it at all for a number of reasons, so uninstalled it. Even now I find it's ever present ads that keep popping up to be very annoying.

Comment

Working...
              X