Answer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Answer

Can you please give me an answer as to what do I have to do to get my pics back in my ads or do I have to redo all the ads?? It would be muchly appreciated. Thanks
    Can you open them so I can fix the pics ??????
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Answer

There is not much you can do, need to wait till the problem gets fixed. If you post another picture it will just disappear in a day.
    Steve The Drill Sergeant
    Check out MyShopNotes on YouTube.

Comment

Hi Wally,

We're looking into a number of strange aspects surrounding the forum. We understand it can be frustrating, but we're hoping everyone can be patient with this. Dealing with the different software developers, etc. can sometimes be a frustrating and slow process.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Wally in Calgary View Post
        Can you please give me an answer as to what do I have to do to get my pics back in my ads or do I have to redo all the ads?? It would be muchly appreciated. Thanks
        Can you open them so I can fix the pics ??????
        As I mentioned in an earlier post: During the recent upgrade a sub directory was inadvertently deleted. It's now been restored. There will likely be some images posted over the past few days that are unfortunately lost. We'll keep an eye on it over the next few days.

Unfortunately if photos aren't showing up in some of your previous posts we can't restore them. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

Originally posted by Carl Duguay View Post

As I mentioned in an earlier post: During the recent upgrade a sub directory was inadvertently deleted. It's now been restored. There will likely be some images posted over the past few days that are unfortunately lost. We'll keep an eye on it over the next few days.

Unfortunately if photos aren't showing up in some of your previous posts we can't restore them. We're sorry for the inconvenience.
          I have tried twice today to Upload pics and put them in my post and there is nothing there. Is it just me or what else is wrong??

Comment

I have tried twice today to Upload pics and put them in my post and there is nothing there. Is it just me or what else is wrong??
            No one else has reported this issue Wally. Are you using the Attachments button or the Image icon from the "Toggle Advanced Editor"?

If you are using the Attachments button, are you then using "Upload Attachments" or "Upload from URL"?

If you use the "Image" icon do you upload from a URL or upload from a file?

If it's ok with you I'd like to log into the Forum using your account to see if I have the same issue as you. To do this I need your permission - I'll need to change your password - but you can change it back after I log out.

Comment

No one else has reported this issue Wally. Are you using the Attachments button or the Image icon from the "Toggle Advanced Editor"?

If you are using the Attachments button, are you then using "Upload Attachments" or "Upload from URL"?

If you use the "Image" icon do you upload from a URL or upload from a file?

If it's ok with you I'd like to log into the Forum using your account to see if I have the same issue as you. To do this I need your permission - I'll need to change your password - but you can change it back after I log out.
              Sure -- go for it. I tried all the ways to upload from my computer. I even cleaned my cookies and memory.

Comment

This is what happens when I try to uplaod a pic --
                Last edited by Wally in Calgary; 09-14-2020, 03:37 PM. Reason: This time the Camera worked.

Comment

Okay, Carl -- I found the problem. It's the size. I've never had to change size before as the forum always did it for me. Now apparently things have changed and there is a small size limit of some kind and the forum doesn't tell you. I managed to post a pic by really lowering the quality and size of the pic.

Also if you check my Media you will see all my latest pics are gone. I don't know why this is but I can't use them again.
                  Last edited by Wally in Calgary; 09-14-2020, 04:21 PM.

Comment

I've been having the size problem for a couple months now, wally, though I experience differently than you. Whereas previously the forum would resize for me automatically, over the last couple months it would intermittently reject my pictures because of size. It did not do this all the time, though, just intermittently (even with multiple pictures all the same size, some would be accepted while other rejected). I always received an actual error message though which identified size as the problem; I have never had the broken icons like you got.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200807-123738.png
Views:	68
Size:	242.8 KB
ID:	1296539

Comment

Name:	IMG_20200912_1747505.jpg
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	1296547

Comment

Well, that time seems to have worked for now. If you don't see a new truck in the last post, then it stopped working!

Comment

Originally posted by callee View Post
                          I've been having the size problem for a couple months now, wally, though I experience differently than you. Whereas previously the forum would resize for me automatically, over the last couple months it would intermittently reject my pictures because of size. It did not do this all the time, though, just intermittently (even with multiple pictures all the same size, some would be accepted while other rejected). I always received an actual error message though which identified size as the problem; I have never had the broken icons like you got.

Name:	Screenshot_20200807-123738.png
Size:	242.8 KB
ID:	1296539
                          The problem is that your image is too large Ryan - you image is 2664 x 3996 px and the limit is 4608 W x 3456 H. Your image is 540 px too high.

Comment

Okay, Carl -- I found the problem. It's the size. I've never had to change size before as the forum always did it for me. Now apparently things have changed and there is a small size limit of some kind and the forum doesn't tell you. I managed to post a pic by really lowering the quality and size of the pic.

Also if you check my Media you will see all my latest pics are gone. I don't know why this is but I can't use them again.
                            Are the pics you've uploaded over the past two days also missing Wally? You shouldn't be loosing pics now - if so let me know and I'll ask VB tech support to check into. I'll also ask Dan to have a look at the trash directory on our server - it's possible some of the pics may have ended up there. It would help if you could give me a range of dates when pics went missing. Thx.

Comment

The problem is that your image is too large Ryan - you image is 2664 x 3996 px and the limit is 4608 W x 3456 H. Your image is 540 px too high.
                              Sure Carl, but as I said in the thread in the admin forum on this problem, I can have two identically sized pictures and have one upload just fine while the other will get the error message. I posted two screen shots in that thread of two different pics with their properties which showed they were the same size, yet one got the error message and the other did not. Consulting that thread now, I see those pics are failing to load now, I will see if I can repost them here.

Bottom line, if the problem were on my end - that I was simply submitting photos that were too big, then all of my too-big photos would be consistentlt rejected, no? Since the problem is intermittent and inconsistent even against consistently sized photos, I suggest the problem is with the forum and the way it is processing pic sizes, yes?

Name:	Screenshot_20200811-055529.png
Views:	0
Size:	381.7 KB
ID:	1296576 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200811-055457.png
Views:	0
Size:	378.7 KB
ID:	1296577

Comment

Working...
                              X