X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carl Duguay
    replied
    Originally posted by John Bartley View Post

It's simple Noel. The database neurons were firing out of order. That caused a misalignment of the doohickeys that cause the character display on your screen.....

Yes, thank you !!
    Ain't that what I said John!

Leave a comment:

• John Bartley
    replied
    Originally posted by beachburl View Post

"HUH?" to the explanation.
    :Thanks" to the solution.
    It's simple Noel. The database neurons were firing out of order. That caused a misalignment of the doohickeys that cause the character display on your screen.....

Yes, thank you !!

Leave a comment:

• beachburl
    replied
    Originally posted by Carl Duguay View Post
    There appeared to be issues with a couple of tables that could not update their collation due to problems with indexing and default column values. This should resolve the issue of missing text.
    "HUH?" to the explanation.
    :Thanks" to the solution.

Leave a comment:

• Carl Duguay
    replied
    There appeared to be issues with a couple of tables that could not update their collation due to problems with indexing and default column values. This should resolve the issue of missing text.

Leave a comment:

• Paul O in Paris
    replied
    Revisited a couple of the threads I previously mentioned and the blank posts are filled.
    Thanks to whoever got it sorted out, but it seems there are always an increasing number of problems after an "upgrade" so maybe it would be an opportune time to look at different software as Leo suggested earlier.

Paul

Leave a comment:

• Carl Duguay
    replied
    We understand that this issue is very frustrating. We are working with VB tech support to resolve it. Your patience is appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Paul O in Paris
    replied
    Carl, here's 2 more for you in https://forum.canadianwoodworking.co...le-board-table

It's becoming more than a nuisance

Paul

Leave a comment:

• Leo Van Der Loo
    replied
    There are all kinds of post that have blank posts in them, all text gone, maybe pictures as well, it is another screwup, why does this keep happening ????

Leave a comment:

• Paul O in Paris
    replied
    Carl, I checked a few threads that I have posted to and it seems the ones I mentioned previously are the ones that contain blank posts. It's not just my posts either, it seems that other posts in the same thread are now blank.

Paul

Leave a comment:

• Carl Duguay
    replied
    thx Pete

Leave a comment:

• QC Inspector
    replied
    I believe there was text along with pictures in this thread that are no longer there now. https://forum.canadianwoodworking.co...ff#post1297135
    Pete
    Last edited by QC Inspector; 09-19-2020, 12:09 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Leave a comment:

• Carl Duguay
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul O in Paris View Post
    After the missing pictures fiasco, I see we now have random blank posts for some people in some threads.
    Case in point, myself and Egon in the painting plywood thread as well as the shellaced table thread.

What is going on?
    It's getting more than a little tiresome that after every upgrade there's another "glitch".

Paul
    Would you let me know which other posts you've seen missing text - I'd like to forward all these to VB tech support. I haven't been able to find any others. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Paul O in Paris
    replied
    I hear you John. Hopefully the "Generals" are aware that people get ticked off with this sort of stuff and will give up coming here and less visitors = less $$$. Sort of like the corporate mentality at the old Blackberry, and we all know how that ended.

Carl, "patience and understanding" are limited commodities in today's world. IMO you can only go to that fall back a certain number of times before credibility takes a nose dive.

Paul
    Last edited by Paul O in Paris; 09-19-2020, 10:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Carl Duguay
    replied
    The various issues we have been experiencing since the recent upgrade with the Forum software are frustrating for all of us. We are well aware of the problem, and though some may think otherwise, we are trying to isolate the issues and fix them. In the meantime, your patience and understanding are appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• John Bartley
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul O in Paris View Post

With all due respect John, there's a huge difference between being "well aware" of a series of ongoing problems and fixing them.
    Perception is everything!

Paul
    I understand Paul, but information communications are a bit sparse from the Generals, so unfortunately that's all the info this Private has to share ......

cheer

Leave a comment:

Working...
X