Blank Posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blank Posts

After the missing pictures fiasco, I see we now have random blank posts for some people in some threads.
    Case in point, myself and Egon in the painting plywood thread as well as the shellaced table thread.

What is going on?
    It's getting more than a little tiresome that after every upgrade there's another "glitch".

Paul
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Blank Posts

saw one of my posts and all the words were gone maybe a day later. Too busy to bother with it and follow up in some way but saw what you are talking about

Comment

With my post about the Black Cherry lamp with the Aspen wood light shade, all the words disappeared, but the pictures are still there, last time I checked at least .

I am a member of a Dutch woodworking forum, they had the vBullitin as their software, but they changed it to a different provider, not a problem there ever , just a thought maybe ?????????

Forum software by XenForo® © 2010-2020 XenForo Ltd. | Style and add-ons by ThemeHouse

This is what they use now.
      Last edited by Leo Van Der Loo; 09-18-2020, 11:43 AM.

Have fun and take care
      Leo Van Der Loo

Comment

Yes, there is a software problem and the issues seem to be the "A" character and we also have some posts that are missing the text content. I can't answer the "why" of it. All I can say is that the magazine and forum owners are well aware of it.

Comment

Since the upgrades a month or so ago for most posts when viewing under New Topics I can't swipe back after reading a thread with my mouse (iMac) unless it was in the for sale area. ??? I have to go to the top of the page and click the back arrow in Safari. Worked fine before. Not crippling, just a little annoying.

Pete

Comment

I'm getting a square Blackface that says -- canadianwoodworking.com redirected you too many times. Is anyone else getting this??

Comment

Not for me..........yet.

Pete

Comment

Here's what it looks like --

Click image for larger version

Name:	Face.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	5.8 KB
ID:	1297077

Comment

Originally posted by John Bartley View Post
                  All I can say is that the magazine and forum owners are well aware of it.

Â
                  With all due respect John, there's a huge difference between being "well aware" of a series of ongoing problems and fixing them.
                  Perception is everything!

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Paul O in Paris View Post

With all due respect John, there's a huge difference between being "well aware" of a series of ongoing problems and fixing them.
                    Perception is everything!

Paul
                    I understand Paul, but information communications are a bit sparse from the Generals, so unfortunately that's all the info this Private has to share ......

cheer
                    beachburl likes this.

Comment

The various issues we have been experiencing since the recent upgrade with the Forum software are frustrating for all of us. We are well aware of the problem, and though some may think otherwise, we are trying to isolate the issues and fix them. In the meantime, your patience and understanding are appreciated.

Comment

I hear you John. Hopefully the "Generals" are aware that people get ticked off with this sort of stuff and will give up coming here and less visitors = less $$$. Sort of like the corporate mentality at the old Blackberry, and we all know how that ended.

Carl, "patience and understanding" are limited commodities in today's world. IMO you can only go to that fall back a certain number of times before credibility takes a nose dive.

Paul
                        Last edited by Paul O in Paris; 09-19-2020, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul O in Paris View Post
                          After the missing pictures fiasco, I see we now have random blank posts for some people in some threads.
                          Case in point, myself and Egon in the painting plywood thread as well as the shellaced table thread.

What is going on?
                          It's getting more than a little tiresome that after every upgrade there's another "glitch".

Paul
                          Would you let me know which other posts you've seen missing text - I'd like to forward all these to VB tech support. I haven't been able to find any others. Thanks.

Comment

I believe there was text along with pictures in this thread that are no longer there now. https://forum.canadianwoodworking.co...ff#post1297135
                            Pete
                            Last edited by QC Inspector; 09-19-2020, 12:09 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Comment

thx Pete

Comment

Working...
                              X