Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2 stroke engine problems

Originally posted by al.m.. View Post
    using stabile is good practice for sure,it will prevent or at least reduce phase separation,but after 6 months the octane level is way down,you would be wise to shorten your rotation schedule by a least half,ideally much more,won't cost you any more and will not affect the mileage on your van quite as much.its a false economy burning old fuel,you get more power from it fresh
    I have 2 20L cans and I put one at a time into the minivan so it has 2 parts fresh to 1 part old roughly. I'm starting with 91 octane and the recommended regular is 87 so I have 4 to play with just to get down to the recommended level. I would be more concerned about detonation with the lower octane but that hasn't been a problem but this may be due to the modern detonation knock sensors that would cause the timing the be retarded - and yes, that would lower power output a bit but it appears that octane rating changes doesn't drastically effect the performance and I'm not drag-racing the minivan. I cannot tell if I have the old stuff in the tank when driving. Doing it twice a year really is nothing in terms of cost. The main reason for not wanting to do it more often is that cans are a PITA to dump into the minivan (I used to do it 3 times).
    billh

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Re: 2 stroke engine problems

Thanks, everyone working much better.
      Jerome
      Canada's South Coast

Port Colborne On.
      “No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin or his background or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love. For love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite,” Nelson Mandela

Comment

Working...
      X