Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This isnt fun any more. Reinjured my left rotator

Originally posted by beakie View Post
    2 months ago I upset my lower back and it is still lingering.

I should buy stock in Robax and/or Medistik as between the 2 it's pretty much a given I'll be using one... or both at anytime of the day.

This getting older is not what I had hoped for... I want my years of wisdom & knowledge, not weeks of aches & pains.
    Neither ..... buy stock in cannabis. Cannabis not only relieves the pain and inflammation better than anything this side of an opiod, it makes you want to get up off the couch and stretch after a hard days work (provided you have the right strain of course). Like many young people I smoked weed, for it's euphoric effects in my teens and twenties but stopped as career and family responsibilities grew.

I am a sixty year old an active guy. Aside from arthritis I'm in excellent health, I still work on the tools but slow half days at best and I an a lifelong cyclist. I was told 10 years ago to get off the tools due to arthritis and other soft tissue injuries. I'm under the care of a sports medicine physician and am in and out of physio so much I'm on a first name basis with everyone at the clinic.

I've tried every kind anti-inflamatory on the market, they work well but are hard on the body. One of the main problems I have is sleeping comfortably ..... you can't recover if you don't sleep and I was lucky to get 2 hours of continuous sleep a night and maybe 5 hours total sleep at best. I was put on sleeping pills to help with this.

Four years ago, on my daughters recommendation I tried smoking a little weed to help me sleep and I haven't looked back. I use a tincture made of none psychoactive, high CBD cannabis (freedon 55 strain) during the work day then a high THCV strain (mango strain) in the evening or if I want to work out, which is an appetite suppressant, offers pain relief and makes you want to move and stretch. About an hour before bed I take a high CBD almost narcotic strain (night nurse) to put me to sleep for a good solid 7 hours every night. I haven't touched a sleeping pill since and rarely take a tylenol or Ibuprophin. (I used to carry both at work and eat them like candy and did that since 1990). As a bonus I was on anti-depressents but I no longer need themas the source of the depression is gone and cannabis does a wonderful job of elevating mood.

Today the public perception of cannabis is that it's a thrill seeking drug for young people ..... we're wrong...... it's the ideal drug for ageing active adults. Look at it's effects and what it can treat....this plant is a gift.
    Last edited by dave_k; 11-14-2017, 08:09 AM.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Originally posted by dave_k View Post

Neither ..... buy stock in cannabis. Cannabis not only relieves the pain and inflammation better than anything this side of an opiod, it makes you want to get up off the couch and stretch after a hard days work (provided you have the right strain of course). Like many young people I smoked weed, for it's euphoric effects in my teens and twenties but stopped as career and family responsibilities grew.
      I am a sixty year old an active guy. Aside from arthritis I'm in excellent health, I'm on no perscriptions other than for pain and sleeping. I still work on the tools but slow half days at best and I an a lifelong cyclist. I was told 10 years ago to get off the tools due to arthritis and other soft tissue injuries. I'm under the care of a sports medicine physician and am in and out of physio so much I'm on a first name basis with everyone at the clinic.

I've tried every kind anti-inflamatory on the market, they work well but are hard on the body. One of the main problems I have is sleeping comfortably ..... you can't recover if you don't sleep and I was lucky to get 2 hours of continuous sleep a night and maybe 5 hours total sleep at best. I was put on sleeping pills to help with this.

Four years ago, on my daughters recommendation I tried smoking a little weed to help me sleep and I haven't looked back. I use a tincture made of none psychoactive, high CBD cannabis (freedon 55 strain) during the work day then a high THCV strain (mango strain) in the evening or if I want to work out, which is an appetite suppressant, offers pain relief and makes you want to move and stretch. About an hour before bed I take a high CBD almost narcotic strain (night nurse) to put me to sleep for a good solid 7 hours every night. I haven't touched a sleeping pill since and rarely take a tylenol or Ibuprophin. (I used to carry both at work and eat them like candy and did that since 1990).

Today the public perception of cannabis is that it's a thrill seeking drug for young people ..... were wrong...... it's the ideal drug for ageing active adults. Look at it's effects and what it can treat....this plant is a gift.
      while I fully support the use of cannabis (many old co-workers have finally found relief from PTSD, physical injuries etc, using it)
      however neither my current employer, or my job description would allow me to use it.

it will be difficult to define the guidlines for allowing its use for certain jobs, and/or within X amount of time of doing that job. it isn't exactly like alcohol in regards to impairing judgement, but I also would not want a truck driver, police/armed officer, doctor, nuclear operator, etc under its influence doing their job.

I never had any issues using it when I was in high school, other than lack of motivation but that's possibly related to being a teenager. It's certainly more beneficial than alcohol (in my opinion) and I do hope to see it more widely accepted in the years to come, for both its recreational and more importantly medical properties.
      [insert something witty here]

Comment

Funny I just did the same thing, my I leaned down to pick up a bag and reinjured my rotator cuff, which I have spent the Summer trying to heal.

I will have to try the Cannabis to relieve some pain. I was a competitive Freestyle Wrestler for many years and it has left me with some worn out body parts. I agree that sleeping is the challenge, perhaps the Cannabis will help.

A question, I know it will be legal in a year, but until then how does one go about getting it?
        When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Comment

Originally posted by jay View Post

Try Ice and Ibuprofen it may reduce the inflammation better than Tylenol .
          I cant take it. It interferes with the blood thinner I am on. Thanks though.
          https://www.facebook.com/gregsreinventions2016/

Comment

Originally posted by Randy in Calgary View Post
            Tried playing golf today. No much fun. Too much pain. Reading about your injury makes my joint ache even more. Ugh. My issue started in August. Climbed into the back of my truck and my legs gave out. Took 5 people 30 minutes to extract me from the truck and do a chair carry to get me into the house. Couldn’t walk unassisted for three days. Have recovered a lot but bending at the waist I cannot put much weight on my left leg. Even standing at the workbench is painful sometimes.
            So if I came across cranky, sorry.

Im tired or Margarita’s. Dos cervesas por favor!!
            Your right I did take it wrong. My Apoologies.
            Kayhan likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by hoss10 View Post
              Funny I just did the same thing, my I leaned down to pick up a bag and reinjured my rotator cuff, which I have spent the Summer trying to heal.
              I had rotator cuff surgery about 10 years ago. The doctor that did the surgery said rotator cuff injuries to tendons and ligaments don't heal well on their own and usually end up needing surgery. I injured mine falling off a roof. They found a small tear in the tendon but they advised to just give it time......I gave it 15 years and when they got in there it was 90% torn. It's 100% now.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Well......I have't been officially diagnosed yet, but I'm pretty sure I have some degree of rotator cuff issue. Lots of snap crackle pop, almost constant pain, and if I forget and move my arm in the wrong way, I'm seeing stars and doubled over in pain. Crappy....hoping to start building the shop next year, but glad to hear some folks have had success with treatment.
                Proud member of the Wadkin Blockhead Club.

Comment

My uncle tore both sides where the bicepes attach and had surgery on both and both surgeries failed after rehab. The right one tore right off the post and the doctor wouldnt fix it. Sucks for him now.

Comment

I strained my left rotatator cuff last Decemeber and it still hurts. On the labour day weekend I hurt my right one. Man, I'm gettin old I guess.
                    Kevin

Comment

Working...
                    X