Truck topper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck topper

I have a couple of trailers with one being a flat deck goose neck trailer. I occasionally have to remove my topper to accomadate the goose neck. The topper can be easily carried by two people but living in the country neighbors are not always available. Came up with the idea in the pic and one person can easily remove and install the topper. When on the rack one person can move without any great effort. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2393.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	160.6 KB
ID:	1189508
    Bob just past Ayr, John@Hamilton and 4 others like this.
    If your dreams don't scare you, you are not dreaming big enough
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Truck topper

Great idea!!

nathan

Comment

LOL. Brian I made something similar, set it up and put the topper one. Wife came home and said take it down because it looks ugly!

It worked pretty slick, back up between the saw horses lift and slide the i-beams through then drive away.

Click image for larger version

Name:	C2E39C31-384B-4075-BC83-FEE5E1490755.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	265.5 KB
ID:	1189532
      Wally in Calgary likes this.

Comment

Nice.
        That is nice design that allows under cap storage which can always be handy.

Used to be I had no problem installing/removing an eight foot fiberglass shell on the truck. Unfortunetly times have changed.
        Egon
        from
        The South Shore, Nova Scotia

Comment

Years back I had a home with an open carport, I hung ropes from the ceiling off of hooks, two 2x4s slid under the truck cap with eye bolts attached.
          Once 2x4s are in place lift up each end and hook onto the ropes then drive away.

Comment

Working...
          X