Very old steel armoires

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very old steel armoires

Picked this up this morning coming from Montréal, I was going to sand it down and repaint the whole thing , but the more I look at it the more I find it beautifull, the patina on this armoire is just beautifull, so will clean it up, and put it in my antique shop, will look good lol... Click image for larger version

Name:	armoires pour vis.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	1199594
    sophien and nnieman like this.
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Very old steel armoires

That's great where is it from? a good clean and maybe some clearcoat.
    Jerome
    Canada's South Coast

Port Colborne On.
    Every loaf of bread is a tragic tale of grains that could've become beer.......but didn't....

Comment

Thanks Jerome, don't really know what they were using it for, tomorrow will try to find a name of place where it was made.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Leclerc View Post
        Picked this up this morning coming from Montréal, I was going to sand it down and repaint the whole thing , but the more I look at it the more I find it beautifull, the patina on this armoire is just beautifull, so will clean it up, and put it in my antique shop, will look good lol... Click image for larger version

Name:	armoires pour vis.JPG
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	1199594
        The folks on Antique Road Show warn that cleaning and refinishing etc. (other than gently cleaning dirt off) wipes out the value of an antique.
        Start slow; wind down gracefuilly

Comment

Steve, that is exactly what I am doing, just a very light cleaning with 000 steel wool, and when done a gentle cost of car wax, with carnauba. will look good, but this is a lot of work. lol..
          Jacques

Comment

Did a little bit of clean up on the cabinet, using steel wool, so far I did 40 drawers , 40 more to go lol... I also applied two coats of car wax Megliar's, looks good to me. Click image for larger version

Name:	cabinet a vis restauration. 3.JPG
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	1200912Click image for larger version

Name:	cabinet a vis restauration. 2JPG.JPG
Size:	1.65 MB
ID:	1200913
            ErikM, WCraig and 2 others like this.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...
            Working...