Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Good Door Bumpers

Hi everyone!

About 99% of my cabinets are inset doors, so I rarely have overlay doors. On the occasional blue moon when I have had to do a few overlays, I've liked to integrate door bumpers.
    I've always used these ones from richelieu:

https://www.richelieu.com/ca/en/cate...-12-mm/1015330

Click image for larger version

Name:	1162817_700.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	1250613

I like them, because they are press in (as opposed to stick-on ones, which in my experience always fall off eventually) and the hard plastic case around them makes them feel a little more quality to my mind.

Since I rarely use these, I've always just ordered a hundred or so at a time.

Today I went to order some more, and discovered that while richelieu still carries the item, they have changed the packaging so that I can order only in increments of 1000 units or 5000 units! I don't need 1000 door bumpers, and I'm just not going to spend hundreds of dollars on door bumpers I don't need. I spoke with richelieu, but they say there is nothing they can do.

Does anyone have any good ideas how I can get a smaller quantity of the same or similar item for a reasonable price?

Thanks!
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Looking for Good Door Bumpers

You could share with others or use what most use which is the stick ons. I assume you have to drill for those ones and to me they don't scream quality at all they scream; "hey look at me!" The stick ons I use are pretty much invisible.
    "Do it Right!"

Comment

Thanks Rusty. We're going to have to agree to disagree about the stick-ons. Given my stated preference for the drill-ins, any suggestions?

Meanwhile, someone has kindly pm'd me about this, but the pm system still appears to be inoperable, so I'm not able to read your message or even see who it is from. Hopefully I can get it soon. Thanks!

Comment

I guess you have 3 options to continue using what you like. Find someone to share, find a new supplier, pay retail pricing where smaller amounts may be available. Going direct to the manufacturer may also be an option but not a very good one. Sometimes they have bulk bins at their parts facilities.

Frankly I've never even seen them before and I dislike the thought of splitting a door or drawer front with a press in component. If I were to split one door there would be a 1,000 bumpers going in the trash with a 1,000 curses so I guess we will disagree. LOL

How much are they anyway?
        "Do it Right!"

Comment

Originally posted by callee View Post
          Meanwhile, someone has kindly pm'd me about this, but the pm system still appears to be inoperable, so I'm not able to read your message or even see who it is from. Hopefully I can get it soon. Thanks!
          There is a workaround. Click on messages -> message centre and then click your inbox and you can access the message.

Comment

20 or 25 cents each wholesale apparently.
            "Do it Right!"

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

Make a mould and fill with silicon.
              Egon
              from
              The South Shore, Nova Scotia

Comment

If you just make sure that you use the soft close hinges --- you'll have no worries about bumpers. Make sure it's in your quote and it won't be much different for sure.
                Brian @ Muir likes this.

Comment

Ryan... as always, check the LV catalogue! They carry two sizes of soft silicon press-in door bumpers, Roy
                  Are you solving the problem, or becoming part of it?

Comment

Working...
                  X