Dang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dang

I have flight test time on F-18, F-5, CT-133, CP-140, CP-121 Tracker, Tutor, Boeing 707, Polaris and Hercules fixed wing plus Twin and single Hueys, Kiowa, Sea King and Labrador helicopters. I was an engineer on the CH-146 Griffon, Lead of Certification on the CH-149 Cormorant and Chief Engineer/ Systems Engineering Manager of the CH-148 Cyclone acquisition project.

I retired thinking that I had done enough but I find I miss it so I took on a project (part time) to document it all and perhaps make a book out of it; depending on what the sponsors will support!

This is more than a bit off the topic of "-40C is damned cold" but is an interesting little diversion for me! I have never tired of airplanes since I first started seeing models fly on the Tantramar Marshes near Moncton, NB with my Dad when I was just a little boy and can still talk about them, tinker with them and play with them day and night. My work always seemed like play for grown-ups to me and I enjoyed the ride immensely. So many adventures!

Sorry folks for (partially??) hijacking the thread.

Ken

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

I’ll throw in my story. In 1968, I worked at Prudhoe Bay Alaska on the discovery exploration well. We were 5 miles from the BeaufortSea/Arctic Ocean. Back then any exploring had to be done in winter due to the permafrost. In January it got to and stayed at -69F for three days (nights). The sun never rose. It was an experience that I never want to go thru again. The only plus was the non stop northern lights. But we had to be outside to watch them.

Comment

Originally posted by KenL View Post
        I have flight test time on F-18, F-5, CT-133, CP-140, CP-121 Tracker, Tutor, Boeing 707, Polaris and Hercules fixed wing plus Twin and single Hueys, Kiowa, Sea King and Labrador helicopters. I was an engineer on the CH-146 Griffon, Lead of Certification on the CH-149 Cormorant and Chief Engineer/ Systems Engineering Manager of the CH-148 Cyclone acquisition project.

I retired thinking that I had done enough but I find I miss it so I took on a project (part time) to document it all and perhaps make a book out of it; depending on what the sponsors will support!
        Ken
        That's a book I'd enjoy reading!

Comment

The lower mainland is not equipped to handle snow. When I lived out there in the late 60s the city of Vancouver snow plow blades were raised by a second person in the cab with a hand operated hydraulic pump. Talked to my brother today who lives in Langley. In downtown Langley he seen a city employee with a 5 gallon pail and a coffee cup spreading salt on the side walks. Ice falling from Port Mann Bridge breaking windshields.

Brian
          If your dreams don't scare you, you are not dreaming big enough

Comment

Working...
          X