X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any opinions on VPNs?

Lots of information here. Thanks
    John
    If you learn from your mistakes, then I'm getting a fantastic education.

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

So, I tried Nord VPN for iOS and I really like it but the price is pretty steep. I like how it automatically turns VPN on when connected to non-trusted networks and, likewise, does not engage when connected to trusted networks or cell data. I've tried PIA and VPN Unlimited but each of them have their own issues when connecting at coffee shops and hotels (meaning they don't work at some coffee shops and hotels). I'd have issues when leaving the WiFi and connecting back to cell data. I haven't had issues
      connecting with NordVPN https://en.vpnwelt.com/nord-vpn-review/ but, again, the price is high.

Comment

Originally posted by Klein_Al77 View Post
        connecting with NordVPN https://en.vpnwelt.com/nord-vpn-review/ but, again, the price is high.
        How much?

Comment

NordVPN seems to have a lot of sales. Right now you can get it for $89 US for 2 years which they say is 68% off.
          You dont really need it for security purposes when working from home or have a HTTPS encrypted connection. You are safe but this assumes that no info is sent to a site in plaintext, ie, HTTPS, is not enabled for the whole session. Now days this is much less likely to happen.
          A use of the VPN has been to spoof sites into thinking you are in a different country to download material only available there. Sites like Netflix have caught on and this isn't so easy anymore.
          The real unfortunate thing which was mentioned previously is that in many places where you would want to use a VPN the WiFi won't let you.
          billh

Comment

Working...
          X