Bosch Reaxx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosch Reaxx

A few years back Bosch introduced the Reaxx tablesaw as competition to the Sawstop. As I recall a lawsuit followed, is the Reaxx still available or has it disappeared from NA? Roy
    Are you solving the problem, or becoming part of it?
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Bosch Reaxx

Rona had them in the store here a few months ago. On their website they just list a dado insert and the replacement cartridges. When I last saw them they were a couple hundred bucks more than the equivalent SawStop. Roughly $2,000.00. I may go there in the next couple days and if they still have them I'll add to this thread.

Pete

Comment

I teach at, the community college here in town, a carpentery class once a year. We just bought a bosch reaxx this year. If I remember the paperwork they paid about $1,700 from Lowes. It is still in the box though I never had a chance to assemble it and use it with the class before we were shutdown week before last because of this Corona. Hopefully class resumes soon and I get a chance to try this out.

The last I heard about the lawsuit was that the injunction against sale applied only within the United States and it could still legally be sold in Canada.

Comment

Just my opinion, but in this day of early planned obsolesence If I was planning a purchase where consumables are needed I would choose Sawstop. Doesn't seem to be much difference in price, not sure about saw quality though.

Comment

Originally posted by stilson View Post
          Just my opinion, but in this day of early planned obsolesence If I was planning a purchase where consumables are needed I would choose Sawstop. Doesn't seem to be much difference in price, not sure about saw quality though.
          I recommended the Bosch because of better ongoing costs - false alarms happen, and when I you have one on the sawstop, you then have to replace both the cartridge and the blade. That will cost more than the Bosch, on which you can reset it - at least a certain number of times - by pressing a button at zero cost. At least that's my understanding. Like I said, we didn't get it out of the box yet.

Comment

But... the sauce stop creates the best wall art.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	A6E8C5E2-E65C-4B98-BBD0-8764293328BD.jpeg
Views:	352
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	1275141
            Click image for larger version

Name:	74132545-3AC9-4694-8998-46D2CF0373D1.jpeg
Views:	354
Size:	947.9 KB
ID:	1275142
            LeftFinger likes this.
            For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
            Sir Isaac Newton.

Comment

Sawstop replaces the cartridge at no charge if it fired as a result of being touched by your finger. But you have to sent them the fired cartridge so they can confirm that.
              Cheers,

Tim

Comment

As Ryan said, the Reaxx is only banned in the US. The Reaxx also has an incident cost that is far lower than the SS and if I was looking at which company I could rely on for future parts, I'd be way more inclined to go Bosch than Festool/Sawstop where historically Festool only supplies for an additional 7 years on discontinued items/tools, which I have to assume will apply to SS at some point if not already now that Festool owns SS.

There was a guy on the FOG last year who bought a floor model Reaxx at my prompting on the forum out in Nova Scotia that he saw for $300 even though he said the Rona sold it to him 'as is'. I told him to contact Bosch and submit a claim to get it fixed under warranty as it was missing all sorts of parts and didn't even run. He did just that, and one month later at no extra cost to him other than the $300 he paid to Rona, Bosch shipped him out a brand new Reaxx.

I've been on the lookout for exactly the same situation out here in Ontario somewhere at a Rona that is in striking distance to where I live ever since thinking that Rona was slowly basically getting rid of all Reaxx sales, but I've yet to trip over this same kind of deal. If you see one in pieces somewhere at some giveaway price on the floor, BUY IT! and do what that fellow did.

On another note related to its older sibling, the Bosch 4100-10 table saw, they may be going for a good price rather soon as Bosch is just releasing an updated version of this non blade arresting type of table saw with the 4100XC.

https://toolguyd.com/bosch-table-saw...launch-032020/
                Kevin

Comment

I personally wish people would seek more training before using a table saw. Or any saw that could dismember you in a blink of an eye.

Every manual operated saw has a lot of challenges with hearing, eyesight, balance, smell and feel. (The other one I left out was taste. PS don't lick your chainsaw it taste horrible! Or any saw.)

Too many people own tablesaws without proper training. I wish the same group could have an equal fear of the chainsaw.

I give you a chainsaw, and a rope. Drop that tree without destroying your house. If it is a really tall tree, I'll give you a ladder to climb too.
                  Last edited by Matt Matt; 03-23-2020, 12:24 AM.
                  Mattybingco likes this.
                  Sir Isaac Newton.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the updated info supplied, Roy
                    Are you solving the problem, or becoming part of it?

Comment

Originally posted by callee View Post

I recommended the Bosch because of better ongoing costs - false alarms happen, and when I you have one on the sawstop, you then have to replace both the cartridge and the blade. That will cost more than the Bosch, on which you can reset it - at least a certain number of times - by pressing a button at zero cost. At least that's my understanding. Like I said, we didn't get it out of the box yet.
                      Well that moves the goalpost a bit closer, I will have to read up more on the Reaxx,

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Matt View Post
                        I personally wish people would seek more training before using a table saw. Or any saw that could dismember you in a blink of an eye.

Every manual operated saw has a lot of challenges with hearing, eyesight, balance, smell and feel. (The other one I left out was taste. PS don't lick your chainsaw it taste horrible! Or any saw.)

Too many people own tablesaws without proper training. I wish the same group could have an equal fear of the chainsaw.

I give you a chainsaw, and a rope. Drop that tree without destroying your house. If it is a really tall tree, I'll give you a ladder to climb too.
                        Well if the whole tree is coming down, I'd wear spurs & a harness, and not bother with the ladder. If just pruning/limbing... no spurs allowed, ladder it is.
                        [insert something witty here]

Comment

Originally posted by beakie View Post

Well if the whole tree is coming down, I'd wear spurs & a harness, and not bother with the ladder. If just pruning/limbing... no spurs allowed, ladder it is.
                          and now I might lend you my chainsaw and you may lend me yours. but... Before I let you play with my 880 stihl, respect has to be given, it's not a toy! I think it has 7.2 hp. It is dangerous and I'm even scared of it with it's 60 inch bar.

I have been exclusively using an 18 inch blade on my tablesaw for about one year now. It too... is not a toy. Nobody in their right mind wants to buy an 18 inch blade through FS TOOL to learn on.... Unless you're really serious.
                          Last edited by Matt Matt; 03-24-2020, 01:36 AM.
                          Sir Isaac Newton.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Matt View Post
                            and now I might lend you my chainsaw and you may lend me yours. but... Before I let you play with my 880 stihl, respect has to be given, it's not a toy! I think it has 7.2 hp. It is dangerous and I'm even scared of it with it's 60 inch bar.

I have been exclusively using an 18 inch blade on my tablesaw for about one year now. It too... is not a toy. Nobody in their right mind wants to buy an 18 inch blade through FS TOOL to learn on.... Unless you're really serious.
                            Ohh that 880 sounds exciting indeed.

First time I ran my table saw with a 14" blade was rather intimidating, I would like to see/hear an 18" blade going.
                            [insert something witty here]

Comment

Here are a few YouTubes by some guys that put their hands in the saws.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3JsUGwt_Mg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y9JJtSx5-8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4rBSdCQ5jA

Can't find the Sawstop fingertip test again. Maybe you can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXyHR-1x-So

The SawStop reacts faster so even though you eat the cost of a blade etc. over the Bosch I'll stick with the SawStop I've had for almost a dozen years.

Pete

Comment

Working...
                              X