Reduced Ontario Hydro rates and your workshop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reduced Ontario Hydro rates and your workshop

Does anyone feel it will make much of a difference to your shop schedule now that it's 'off-peak' all day?
    Noel

"Being so impressed with the beauty of nature, I never cease to be amazed at how the
    'touch of the human hand' can transform it into another kind of beauty that is so uniquely human.
    "

John Snow, Outdoorsman and Retired Teacher
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: Reduced Ontario Hydro rates and your workshop

Of course it will for me. I have electric heat in my shop which I keep at a maintenance level all winter. It will save me money; I just don't know how much it will be. Every bit helps.

It won't affect the amount of time in my shop though.
    Last edited by smallerstick; 03-24-2020, 11:56 AM.
    The difference between a master and a beginner: The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.

Comment

No it won’t affect my usage at all.

I don’t change my consumption based upon price, I don’t waste energy.

It won’t really change my time of use either, we run noisy appliances like the dishwasher at night when we’re sleeping.

I’m not in favour of the price reduction, it’s another. “Kick the payment can down the road” plan.....Rod
      Kayhan and John@Hamilton like this.
      Work is the curse of the riding class.

Comment

I am not on time of use rates, they tried but no go. Over the course of 10 years they changed out my meter 8 times trying to get one that could communicate with them to apply time of use rates. It got so bad I started bitching at them every time they showed up to change the meter.Yes we are all paying for such screw-ups. The distances out here between meters and boosters are to great for them to work reliably. It looks like they have finally stopped trying, I never use more than 800 kwh in winter and 400 kwh in summer so I don't exceed minimum rates, so this does not do a thing for me.

Comment

Working...
        X