rain...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rain...

as you maybe hearing Manitoba was hit with a huge storm yesterday. lots of damage and flooding. We personally have 5.42 inches or 138mm for the youngsters out there. I don't ever remember that much at once before. we have ruts washed in the drive way over a foot deep and the end of the lane is washed out where the culvert couldn't handle the flow...we are lucky we live up on a hill. 

This was from Brandon....

https://bdnmb.ca/collection-of-user-...tyYHCY4X_8GomY
    When someone tells you it can't be done, it's a reflection of their limitations, not yours.
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: rain...

Lisa... that is a LOT of rain! Makes the decision to live on a hill real wise. We have found this summer’s weather patterns to be unusual, we generally get W’pegs weather a day later, but most of our recent weather has been from the southwest. We could use some of your rain, but no more than half. You now have a reason to use that Franken-tractor I recall seeing. Stay safe, Roy
    Are you solving the problem, or becoming part of it?

Comment

Wow, I'm heard nothing about this! Glad you're ok.  That's a crazy amount of rain. Most we've got here at once so far this year was, iirc, 58mm. That's a bizarre amount. I mean, how can the clouds even hold that much?

Comment

yes it is a crazy amount of rain...it brought out the neighbours...My husband just called trying to get to work, he says a lot of major roads are washed out. 

When someone tells you it can't be done, it's a reflection of their limitations, not yours.

Comment

Heard nothing about this.
          Looks terrible.
          Unfortunately, this seems to be becoming the norm.
          Glad to hear you're ok.
          Noel

"Being so impressed with the beauty of nature, I never cease to be amazed at how the
          'touch of the human hand' can transform it into another kind of beauty that is so uniquely human.
          "

John Snow, Outdoorsman and Retired Teacher

Comment

Same here , lots and lots of Mosquito breeding rain.
            • “The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.”Winston Churchill

Comment

Same here ... rain by the bucket for days in a row, then heat. My garden this year is the absolute worst I have ever been embarrassed to have people see. I am debating tilling it all out. First hot weather in May followed by three days of freezing temp's at the end of May, got planted and then a week of rain that included five inches over three days, then heat for a week, followed by torrential rains that gave us another three inches over three days. I am defeated. You have my sympathy .... I know how it feels.

Comment

we got over 2 more inches of rain last night. every road repair made is gone again now. The rivers keep rising and flooding....and of course every town is on a river here.

Comment

I think I would be a little concerned if I saw someone building an extremely large boat.  It is strange but I didn't hear anything about the Red flooding this year.  It may have and the word never got to us.  Be safe.

Murray
                  This wood is all clear between the knots.

Comment

you will hear about flooding from the Assiniboine river this year in the weeks to come I would think.

Comment

Originally posted by Chimera View Post
                      we got over 2 more inches of rain last night. every road repair made is gone again now. The rivers keep rising and flooding....and of course every town is on a river here.
                      And again, in a completely different summer (more like what I remember from when I lived here 40 yrs ago), we are sweltering in 30'+ temps. The tomatoes in the greenhouse are taking 2-3 gallons of water per day to keep from wilting and I have two fans running all day.

Comment

2nd day of monsoons, I killed a Mosquitoe today and I think it had Ribs it crunched when I smacked it.
                        • “The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.”Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                        X