New e-mail scam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New e-mail scam

Received an e-mail this AM from my son, I thought, telling me about his new iphone and the web site to get one at a good price. The subject of the e-mail however was RE: and the introduction did not sound like my son. Before opening the web site I gave him a call. Sure enough it was not from him although it had his e-mail address as the originating point. Seems someone managed to hack his MSN Messenger account and is sending this e-mail to everyone on his list of contacts.

He works in the computer business and has all the recommended firewalls etc. in place so it is not a poorly protected computer.

Just beware of e-mails you think are good because these crooks are trying everything.

T.J.
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: New e-mail scam

This is the 5th or 6th occurrance that I have heard about. If you are using gmail or hotmail, and it happens to you, try changing your password to your mail account. It has worked for several people in the past. It is worth a try and you don't have to change your ID.

Murray
    This wood is all clear between the knots.

Comment

Something similar happened to me with Facebook. It was sending out messages to all of my friends about easy money. Changed my password and now everything is fine.

Comment

Working...
      X