RSS Feeds for CWW.com

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSS Feeds for CWW.com

Has any consideration been put in for adding RSS feeds for the forum?

As much as I've read lately that they're slowly falling out of favour, I find them invaluable for Kijiji searches and for different forums.

Subscribing to daily e-mails for different categories is less than ideal for me.

Thanks,
    Kevin
    The more I learn, the better I understand how little I know.

Re: RSS Feeds for CWW.com

ive seen this feature on owwm, never used it tho

what does it do?
    my shop is a beaver lodge
    steve, sarnia, ont

1940's Beaver Jointer

Comment

It stands for Really Simple Syndication. In the case of something like TheStar.com, they have about 20 feeds. One called "Top Stories", when a top story lands on the site, they will also put the headline, abstract and a link to the story in the RSS feed.

Kijiji, Craigslist have RSS feeds based on searches. If I search for skyhooks, I can grab the RSS feed for that and I'll seen when somebody tries to sell their skyhook on Kijiji.

There are RSS readers available, I use Google's. They grab all info in the feeds I subscribe to and then I have one convenient place to grab all my news, forum posts, kijiji ads...

It's really not all that different from using the "What's New" link on top of this, but could have one feed for each forum and gather it all up in one place.
      The more I learn, the better I understand how little I know.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinhanna View Post
        Has any consideration been put in for adding RSS feeds for the forum?

As much as I've read lately that they're slowly falling out of favour, I find them invaluable for Kijiji searches and for different forums.

Subscribing to daily e-mails for different categories is less than ideal for me.

Thanks,
        Kevin
        The simple answer is Yes Kevin....we do have that item on the agenda for possible addition to the site in the future. vBulletin does have the capability for RSS feeds. As redevelopment of the overall site progresses, we will be looking at how best to incorporate RSS. At this time, I cannot speculate on a time-frame for implementation.
        Just wandering around

Comment

Another vote for RSS.

I have feeds set up for most of my fave websites.

Comment

Working...
          X