This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel better already

My thanks to Jim Flaherty for his latest edict, "There are no bad jobs" I can now look forward to getting up in the morning with a spring in my step and a song in my heart and goodwill towards all men, forever and ever. Amen. Thanks, Jim. Watta dork, he of the Gov't pay cheque to be followed with a Gov't pension.
    If women don't find you handsome, they can sure find you handy. Red Green

Re: I feel better already

I am I the only one that is concerned that a former Taxi driver is running the countries finances?

Comment

It's okay; he got his practice in on Ontario
      If a man speaks in the forest, and there's no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong

Comment

Originally posted by red_langford View Post
        I am I the only one that is concerned that a former Taxi driver is running the countries finances?
        Geez, with that kind of background, he should be good at the driving this country into the ground.
        the other Ken
        ------
        "Each flitch, each board, each plant can have only one ideal use. The woodworker, applying a thousand skills, must find that ideal use and then shape the wood to realize its true potential" - George Nakashima

Comment

I cant express how big of a "donkey" hole he is....

An arrogant, out of touch donkey.

I guess if we cant find a job in our trade, we all can referee hockey games like ole' Jim, eh?

Comment

I can think of one really bad job. Working for Harper. Just ask all the assistants who have worked for him and quickly left.

Comment

It seems that you may be able to become Finance Minister, based upon the qualifications of the incumbent.............Rod.
              Work is the curse of the riding class.

Comment

Are we allowed to now discuss politics or specific politicians on the forum. This is great , I'm glad it is no longer a violation of forum rules.

Comment

LOL Politics is always a thin line on any forum I have ever been on, keep the conversation civil and it will go places.

I am surprised, no shocked, at the tone of the conversation. I was on a hunting forum and any hint of displeasure with the Harper Government would get you flamed out beyond belief and that was by mods as well.

Happy to see civil discussion here. We can't all agree but it is nice to be respectful of another's point of view.

Comment

I am feeling really strange defending a politician but I do believe Flaherty did drive a Taxi while he was attending University.This in todays world is a real novel concept for a lot of young people,not all but a lot, paying your own way through University with a part time job. If you do not like our financial situation I suggest you move to Greece or elect Mulcaire who is taking aim at the oil industry in Western Canada as being the demise of the Economy for the rest of Canada. There must be some westerners that agree with me,lol.

Brian
                    If your dreams don't scare you, you are not dreaming big enough

Comment

Brian, I agree and I think most would that everybody needs to pull their weight. I drove Taxi part time for extra money and it was what I needed to do, because I suck at managing money. It was the comment he made about people in wheelchairs, old people and indians all need to get to work. That was very very ignorant. I have no illusions about the system being abused by some, but the changes proposed will have an adverse effect on those who legitimately need the system. The suggestion that people should just move to where the jobs are is also ignorant. Having done this once, I can tell you it is not as easy as one may think. We now live in an area with no family and none of those long term friends that you grow to count on in life. I have a brand new appreciation of immigrants and what they must go through, and I moved within the same province.

Not all the Conservatives ideas are bad, but their refusal to listen to debate or opinions other than their own is very very concerning for me. As far as your Mulcair comment goes, it is pure speculation, or as they say in politics rhetoric. Mulcair is not against the oil sands, he is against the rapid and mass exploitation of them by mainly foreign interests at the cost of the economy in the rest of Canada. Should we ALL just up and move to Fort McMurray? Fact is the Liberals and the Conservatives have shown they are at times inept and corrupt and the NDP have not shown us this, they haven't had a chance to. I am fed up with both of them and am willing to try something different. I am not alone here as was shown in the last federal election.

I just wish we had 90%+ voter turnout. I have a theory that links the lack of voter turnout to the corruption in politics. It is truly in the politicians favour to have the low voter turnout.

Sorry long winded post.

Comment

The taxidriver comments are a tad ironic -- there's another news item about the number of cabdrivers qualified to practise medicine in other jurisdictions. Perhaps immigrants aren't as fussy. And politicians of all stripes can be insensitive. I recall Pierre Trudeau telling the unemployed that they could go to Elliot Lake and work in the mines.
                        One reality is that UIC officials have always given you a few weeks to find work in your own field, then insisted that you take what's on offer. Another reality is that you don't usually have to worry about that because employers won't hire you if you're overqualified. They know you'll be off the moment you get a better offer. What guys like mini Rafferty have to say doesn't usually have much impact at ground level.
                        Jim

Comment

As the OP to this thread my comment was not meant to be a political statement per say, more of an observation about the statement by the Minister itself. These type of blanket statements are usually indicate a lack of understanding about the subject. And as far as picking on the Conservatives I have voted in enough elections to know that there really isn't that much difference between them, they tell you what you want to hear, UNTIL they are elected.
                          If women don't find you handsome, they can sure find you handy. Red Green

Comment

Here's a westerner that agrees with you Brian. Unless we all have our head in the sand it's obvious what's carrying this country and it's also obvious who elects the governments. So if the electorate in Ontario and Quebec ever vote in Mulcaire and then watch him close the tap on the oil sands there will be a huge uproar in the west followed by a referendum of secession and frankly I'll be all for it and if anyone wants to know why you can PM me so I don't get in **** for expressing my opinion. In a nutshell Trudeau's NEP.
                            "Do it Right!"

Comment

Having a single industry support the country is an interesting idea, albeit close to fantasy. Last time I checked there are 10 provinces and 3 territories in this country and not just the one.

Comment

Working...
                              X