Humber College, Toronto and other advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humber College, Toronto and other advice

My son will be attending Humber College this fall, transplanting from BC. He's never been to Toronto, and I've been there once. Any suggestions, tips to make his transition smooth. We are planning on flying in late August. He did track down an apartment 10 minutes away on the suggestion of another student from our area, so accommodation seems to be set. What's an easy way to get from the airport, how's public transportation, grocery stores etc in the area. Thanks for any and all info.

Re: Humber College, Toronto and other advice

Which campus ?
    "every man is the maker of his own misfortune"

Comment

Lakeshore Campus

Comment

This link is to the Toronto transit Commission maps that show all subway and bus routes in the city. It is divided into six sections to keep file size down! The section you want it the lower left one. The college is at junction of Kipling and Lakeshore road. As you will see there are several bus routes that service directly and short links to the subway system.

As far as getting from the airport, for the first time I would use a cab as it is not that far and using public transit, while possible, will require several changes and take a while! I travel past there on the QEW every day so if there is an emergency situation or he gets stuck I can provide local help if you want - be happy to forward my contact details.

http://<a href="http://www.ttc.ca/Ro...System.jsp</a>

Comment

thanks Doug !

Comment

Working...
          X