Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Order Confirmation" Scam

maybe not new in some areas, but we've had several calls from these guys

we havent "ordered" anything from anywhere. all these guys want is a credit card number

caller id is "order verification", number is 519-489-7193

no doubt a scam, be aware
    my shop is a beaver lodge
    steve, sarnia, ont

sigpic

1940's Beaver Jointer

Re: "Order Confirmation" Scam

I always make up a credit card number for them. Anything that I can do to waste their time is good.
    If a man speaks in the forest, and there's no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong

Comment

So you're the guy that got the 52" flat screen that I paid for!
      If women don't find you handsome, they can sure find you handy. Red Green

Comment

Get them here too in Port Vincent, South Australia. Always ask me for, " Order confirmation," - for something or the other. I simply reply, " can you ring back at a more appropriate time, as have a very important client here right now. " That usually gets rid of them. Mate in the next town over, ( Minlaton ), "cured," the, " Order Confirmation," guy once and for all, with this reply;- " Minlaton Dead Center,- how many dead bodies do you require ? " Never ever heard from the scammer again !!!!

Roger

Comment

This is showing up as a Kindle Book Order Confirmation on the internet.

The links all take you to Malware sites. Need I say: Do not use the links in the email?

If you want to see what happens if you do -- check the previous post on security.

My wife got one -- I took her through the process to check her Amazon Kindle account.

As for the phone version -- I tell them the parcel arrived -- I talked the UPS guy into leaving the parcel without paying.
          ---
          Will

“There is something fascinating about science. One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture out of such a trifling investment of fact.” —- Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
          X