Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magazine Article Index

Hello

Not sure if this is the right place for this question. But I have googled around a bit and done a couple of searches through the forum but havn't found anything.

I am wondering if there is a searchable index of magazine articles. I have a lot of CWHIM issues, some going back to 2001 (No I don't have all of them, just older ones I find at garage sales). I have been subscribing for the last three years though.

I will remember seeing an article about something, but not which issue. Then I have to go through all of them to find it.

Does the magazine produce such an index. If not, I think an up to date PDF file would be a wonderful idea. Once the origional document was made, it could be continually updated as the issues are released.

Thanks
    Darrin
    Timber Elegance

www.timberelegance.ca

Re: Magazine Article Index

Darrin....I have bad news, good news, and then bad news!

The bad news is that such an index does not exist at the present time.

The good news is that creation of such an index, along with digitizing all issues of the magazine, is currently underway.

The bad news is that project is part of the broader site redevelopment, which has been on-going forever and for which it is impossible to even guess at a completion date.
    Just wandering around

Comment

Along the same lines, there used to be a website that did indexing of magazine articles for a fair amount of woodworking related magazines I had bookmarked, but now no longer works.

The old bookmark I had was this one: http://www.woodindex.com/ . I kept the bookmark even after I had seen it did not work a few years ago once, hoping it was just a temporary thing at the time, but it seems it is still kaputz.

Does anybody know if there is another one out there on the internet, or the same one under a different name?
      Kevin

Comment

I did some more googling, (trying Kevin's info) and I came across this link.

<CITE>www.woodworkingmagazineindex.com</CITE>
        <CITE></CITE>
        <CITE>It is a paid site ($10/YR). They say they have a searchable index of 35 different magazines. However, they do not let you see what the format of the index or allow any kind of trial.</CITE>
        <CITE></CITE>
        <CITE>Does anyone have some experience with this site. Is it worthwhile, or a waste of $10.</CITE>
        <CITE></CITE>
        <CITE></CITE>
        Darrin
        Timber Elegance

www.timberelegance.ca

Comment

Shame it costs money now.
          Kevin

Comment

Working...