Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golden Oldies (and some not so golden) on Kijiji #2

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Golden Oldies (and some not so golden) on Kijiji #2

    Is the table on the sander meant to be transferred back and forth between disc and belt?
    Rob

    Comment

    • Thread Continues Below...

    • Re: Golden Oldies (and some not so golden) on Kijiji #2

      Originally posted by iamtooler View Post
      Is the table on the sander meant to be transferred back and forth between disc and belt?
      Rob
      Click image for larger version

Name:	87F838AD-3E7D-46CD-B14A-977261D49CA0.jpeg
Views:	423
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	1148407

      Comment


      • Re: Golden Oldies (and some not so golden) on Kijiji #2

        I used mine at the horizontal, but never stop at this, that the table could be move from the disc to the belt. I always used the table on the disc. On the belt side, I have a block stoper on the right side top prevent the part to fly away, and on this stoper block their is screw to it, the gard for the drum. Thank's for the info.

        Comment


        • Re: Golden Oldies (and some not so golden) on Kijiji #2

          its a pretty flexible machine, the catalog listing for mentions an optional extra table for the belt section. i added a piece of plywood to the workpiece stop bracket to function as a table
          the most unusual feature of the machine is that the spindle has a morse taper #2 in it, on the disc end. into that morse taper is a stub adaptor with the 7/8-16 lh thread for the faceplate, very similar to the older 3400 lathe. this makes it very easy to remove the disc which would be great if you could get another disc for a different grit

          of course you could also install any device with a mt2 on it like a drill chuck with a drum sander for example

          the table has a mitre guage slot, but it takes a small mitre guage like a 2200 or 1100 tablesaw
          my shop is a beaver lodge
          steve, sarnia, ont




          1940's Craftmaster Lathe

          https://www.facebook.com/artistryinwoodca/

          Comment


          • Re: Golden Oldies (and some not so golden) on Kijiji #2

            I just saw this saw. Looks like a good find older 12" powermatic table saw for 295 https://www.kijiji.ca/v-power-tool/t...ationFlag=true

            Click image for larger version

Name:	$_59.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	1152053

            Click image for larger version

Name:	$_59.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	1152054

            Click image for larger version

Name:	$_59.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	1152055

            Click image for larger version

Name:	$_59.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	1152056
            Last edited by John Bartley; 11-30-2017, 06:14 PM.

            Comment


            • Re: Golden Oldies (and some not so golden) on Kijiji #2

              thanks for the redirect I realized I got it wrong after I posted

              Comment

              • Thread Continues Below...

              • Re: Golden Oldies (and some not so golden) on Kijiji #2

                Click image for larger version

Name:	9479027E-6584-44E7-A4FB-E10664C6B08B.jpeg
Views:	463
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	1152075Click image for larger version

Name:	7FA01AD3-7333-45A0-99DE-949D8B439763.jpeg
Views:	438
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	1152074Click image for larger version

Name:	9C80B61F-3CAC-4068-959C-1C828D8AD9C4.jpeg
Views:	451
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	1152073Click image for larger version

Name:	E9663806-F49D-4465-9666-FD24C69363AF.jpeg
Views:	490
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	1152072

                https://www.kijiji.ca/v-power-tool/p...ationFlag=true

                Beaver 3300 with original stand. Pretty good deal.
                Peterborough, $220

                Comment


                • Re: Golden Oldies (and some not so golden) on Kijiji #2

                  Originally posted by sophien View Post
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	9479027E-6584-44E7-A4FB-E10664C6B08B.jpeg
Views:	463
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	1152075Click image for larger version

Name:	7FA01AD3-7333-45A0-99DE-949D8B439763.jpeg
Views:	438
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	1152074Click image for larger version

Name:	9C80B61F-3CAC-4068-959C-1C828D8AD9C4.jpeg
Views:	451
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	1152073Click image for larger version

Name:	E9663806-F49D-4465-9666-FD24C69363AF.jpeg
Views:	490
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	1152072

                  https://www.kijiji.ca/v-power-tool/p...ationFlag=true

                  Beaver 3300 with original stand. Pretty good deal.
                  Peterborough, $220
                  That’s a good saw.
                  Its has a crappy paint job but the saw itself is solid and works well.
                  It belongs to a good friend of mine.

                  Nathan
                  sophien likes this.

                  Comment


                  • Re: Golden Oldies (and some not so golden) on Kijiji #2

                    Originally posted by nnieman View Post

                    That’s a good saw.
                    Its has a crappy paint job but the saw itself is solid and works well.
                    It belongs to a good friend of mine.

                    Nathan
                    I am thrilled with the original stand on mine. Nice bonus for anyone picking up this saw.

                    Comment


                    • Re: Golden Oldies (and some not so golden) on Kijiji #2

                      Originally posted by nnieman View Post

                      That’s a good saw.
                      Its has a crappy paint job but the saw itself is solid and works well.
                      It belongs to a good friend of mine.

                      Nathan
                      it's got the old style leverlock fence, same as the 3200. very rare. the fence lock was replaced with a twist knob when rockwell bought beaver
                      whats wrong with the bottom wheel? is it off the spindle? he should check the centre bore of the wheel, the aluminum wheel wears really quickly if it loosens a little bit
                      my shop is a beaver lodge
                      steve, sarnia, ont




                      1940's Craftmaster Lathe

                      https://www.facebook.com/artistryinwoodca/

                      Comment


                      • Re: Golden Oldies (and some not so golden) on Kijiji #2

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	570497D1-CF4B-44F1-A836-258A4822787F.jpeg
Views:	406
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	1152813Click image for larger version

Name:	CC991484-1B12-4E8B-BC87-2FCC8A12AD5D.jpeg
Views:	422
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	1152812Click image for larger version

Name:	D85C48F1-2943-4E12-91D0-C0C18BA80D0C.jpeg
Views:	442
Size:	163.2 KB
ID:	1152811https://www.kijiji.ca/v-outils-elect...ban/1304006443

                        Continental (?) Bandsaw
                        ​​​​​​​$200, Baie-Saint-Paul, Qc

                        Comment

                        • Thread Continues Below...

                        • Re: Golden Oldies (and some not so golden) on Kijiji #2

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	2E9440D0-599F-4005-9F09-878C24F9DFD9.jpeg
Views:	439
Size:	146.9 KB
ID:	1152817Click image for larger version

Name:	5E4A9E9C-FB78-4010-A40C-05504F8C2C9D.jpeg
Views:	421
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	1152816
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	11EC8DB8-443F-401A-BB45-409411C05B4C.jpeg
Views:	406
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	1152815




                          https://www.kijiji.ca/v-outils-elect...ationFlag=true


                          Poitras Drill Press
                          ​​​​​​​$400, Baie-Saint-Paul, Qc

                          Comment


                          • Re: Golden Oldies (and some not so golden) on Kijiji #2

                            Originally posted by sophien View Post
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	2E9440D0-599F-4005-9F09-878C24F9DFD9.jpeg
Views:	439
Size:	146.9 KB
ID:	1152817Click image for larger version

Name:	5E4A9E9C-FB78-4010-A40C-05504F8C2C9D.jpeg
Views:	421
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	1152816
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	11EC8DB8-443F-401A-BB45-409411C05B4C.jpeg
Views:	406
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	1152815




                            https://www.kijiji.ca/v-outils-elect...ationFlag=true


                            Poitras Drill Press
                            ​​​​​​​$400, Baie-Saint-Paul, Qc
                            That’s not anywhere near you is it?

                            Thats about the coolest funkiest frill press I’ve seen in a while.

                            Nathan

                            Comment


                            • Re: Golden Oldies (and some not so golden) on Kijiji #2

                              Originally posted by nnieman View Post

                              That’s not anywhere near you is it?

                              Thats about the coolest funkiest frill press I’ve seen in a while.

                              Nathan
                              Its about 4-5 hours east of montreal. Looks like something our of battlestar gallactica lol

                              Comment


                              • Re: Golden Oldies (and some not so golden) on Kijiji #2

                                Normally sold as a mortiser
                                nnieman likes this.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X