Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golden Oldies (and some not so golden) on Kijiji #2

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Golden Oldies (and some not so golden) on Kijiji #2

    Joe Poitras model 3900 I think, I did a full restoration of mine a few years ago, mine has the mortiser table.... Click image for larger version

Name:	joe poitras done (2).JPG
Views:	455
Size:	651.5 KB
ID:	1152854
    dwight80 likes this.

    Comment

    • Thread Continues Below...

    • Re: Golden Oldies (and some not so golden) on Kijiji #2

      Originally posted by nnieman View Post

      That’s not anywhere near you is it?

      Thats about the coolest funkiest frill press I’ve seen in a while.

      Nathan
      Like Vince says, a bit of a trek from me. Closer to Jacques Leclerc probably. Oh yeah, funky, cool, you name it. Looks like a heavy beast too! I was considering getting it for myself, but it would be like a rolls royce being driven by a little old lady who can barely see through the windshield. Not fair to Mr. Poitras. It deserves a better home. You want it?

      Comment


      • Re: Golden Oldies (and some not so golden) on Kijiji #2

        Originally posted by Jacques Leclerc View Post
        Joe Poitras model 3900 I think, I did a full restoration of mine a few years ago, mine has the mortiser table.... Click image for larger version

Name:	joe poitras done (2).JPG
Views:	455
Size:	651.5 KB
ID:	1152854
        Jacques, do you use it all at? As a mortiser? Amazing resto, by the way.....

        Comment


        • Re: Golden Oldies (and some not so golden) on Kijiji #2

          Hahaha Sophie, although those old ladies look adorable behind the wheel lol.

          Jacques that is the coolest machine ive ever seen. Very nice job.
          sophien likes this.

          Comment


          • Re: Golden Oldies (and some not so golden) on Kijiji #2

            Originally posted by Jacques Leclerc View Post
            Joe Poitras model 3900 I think, I did a full restoration of mine a few years ago, mine has the mortiser table....
            NIce Jacques ... very nice !!

            Comment


            • Re: Golden Oldies (and some not so golden) on Kijiji #2

              I think that Jacques got the one from the little old lady!!!

              I'm wondering why this "stuff" is lying on the table.
              Is it hiding something we don't want to see?
              Or can't I see the interest in it?

              Comment

              • Thread Continues Below...

              • Re: Golden Oldies (and some not so golden) on Kijiji #2

                Originally posted by sophien View Post

                Like Vince says, a bit of a trek from me. Closer to Jacques Leclerc probably. Oh yeah, funky, cool, you name it. Looks like a heavy beast too! I was considering getting it for myself, but it would be like a rolls royce being driven by a little old lady who can barely see through the windshield. Not fair to Mr. Poitras. It deserves a better home. You want it?
                I would love it but not enough to drive there.

                Ive always wanted a drill press with a foot pedal & that one would match my poitras table saw.

                nathan

                Comment


                • Re: Golden Oldies (and some not so golden) on Kijiji #2

                  Originally posted by sophien View Post

                  Jacques, do you use it all at? As a mortiser? Amazing resto, by the way.....
                  Nope, not as a mortiser yet, just the DP. It is more a deco piece than anything else, but everything works perfectly.
                  Jacques

                  By the way this is the original paint, I had it made just for this machine. lol..

                  Comment


                  • Re: Golden Oldies (and some not so golden) on Kijiji #2

                    Powermatic chain mortiser in Sault Ste Marie
                    https://govdeals.ca/index.cfm?fa=Mai...99&acctid=8237

                    3 phase 208 volts.
                    Auction starting at $500
                    Its already been listed once and received no bids.


                    Nathan
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	8237_299_3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	138.8 KB ID:	1152925

                    Click image for larger version  Name:	8237_299_1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	113.6 KB ID:	1152926

                    Click image for larger version  Name:	8237_299_2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	156.3 KB ID:	1152924

                    Comment


                    • Re: Golden Oldies (and some not so golden) on Kijiji #2

                      I have one like that, the motor is easy to change out. Works great.
                      Rob

                      Comment


                      • Re: Golden Oldies (and some not so golden) on Kijiji #2

                        Originally posted by iamtooler View Post
                        I have one like that, the motor is easy to change out. Works great.
                        Rob
                        I think distance may play a part too.

                        I saw it first go around, and now, I'm fine with the 3ph, but that's a long drive to get it... and bring it home.

                        for someone near by it seems like a very good deal though.
                        [insert something witty here]

                        Comment

                        • Thread Continues Below...

                        • Re: Golden Oldies (and some not so golden) on Kijiji #2

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	141F502D-254B-429D-8115-800065DEA834.jpeg
Views:	465
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	1152977

                          https://www.kijiji.ca/v-outils-elect...ationFlag=true

                          Henry Tools Craftmaster Soindle Sander (or a modified shaper?)
                          $50, Longueuil, Qc

                          Comment


                          • Re: Golden Oldies (and some not so golden) on Kijiji #2

                            Originally posted by sophien View Post
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	141F502D-254B-429D-8115-800065DEA834.jpeg
Views:	465
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	1152977

                            https://www.kijiji.ca/v-outils-elect...ationFlag=true

                            Henry Tools Craftmaster Soindle Sander (or a modified shaper?)
                            $50, Longueuil, Qc
                            Sophie, it is a modified shaper, I have one of those...(shaper) Click image for larger version

Name:	shaper.JPG
Views:	407
Size:	593.4 KB
ID:	1153040
                            sophien likes this.

                            Comment


                            • Re: Golden Oldies (and some not so golden) on Kijiji #2

                              Originally posted by nnieman View Post
                              Powermatic chain mortiser in Sault Ste Marie
                              https://govdeals.ca/index.cfm?fa=Mai...99&acctid=8237

                              3 phase 208 volts.
                              Auction starting at $500
                              Its already been listed once and received no bids.


                              Nathan
                              Click image for larger version Name:	8237_299_3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	138.8 KB ID:	1152925

                              Click image for larger version Name:	8237_299_1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	113.6 KB ID:	1152926

                              Click image for larger version Name:	8237_299_2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	156.3 KB ID:	1152924
                              No bids again, its been relisted for $400

                              Nathan

                              Comment


                              • Re: Golden Oldies (and some not so golden) on Kijiji #2

                                Delta Milwaukee Band Saw

                                https://www.kijiji.ca/v-power-tool/g...ationFlag=true

                                Gatineau
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	$_59.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	158.9 KB
ID:	1154297Click image for larger version

Name:	$_59.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	224.5 KB
ID:	1154298

                                $60 !!!

                                go get er

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X