Click image for larger version

Name:	$_59.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	1173229

Comment

• Thread Continues Below...

• Re: Golden Oldies (and some not so golden) on Kijiji #2

That is a great scroll saw. I have been using mine for about a month and do not know how I managed without it.

Comment

Had a scroller much like that (Atlas) before I got my Excalibur 30. Very nice machine. Real nice advantage is you can remove the upper arm and cut something really big using a blade held in just the bottom chuck.
        Mike

Comment

I just had a closer look at the listing. It is a Delta. I thought that it was a Beaver, like mine. In any case, it appears to be a solid, well built machine. Removing the upper arm and cutting using just the bottom chuck is an interesting and potentially time saving concept. I imagine that a really stout blade would be required and then it would be just like an inverted, bed mounted jig saw.

Comment

Originally posted by tool fan View Post
            I just had a closer look at the listing. It is a Delta. I thought that it was a Beaver, like mine. In any case, it appears to be a solid, well built machine. Removing the upper arm and cutting using just the bottom chuck is an interesting and potentially time saving concept. I imagine that a really stout blade would be required and then it would be just like an inverted, bed mounted jig saw.
            Yes, they are pretty much all same. So far I have had two Deltas, one Beaver, one Walker-Turner and a Homecraft thru' my shop and they all had the same feature of being able to remove or rotate (out of the way) the overhead arm and use them as an upside down stationary jig saw.

Comment

Delta Jointer

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-power-tool/o...ationFlag=true

Ottawa
              Click image for larger version  Name:	$_59.jpg Views:	1 Size:	172.5 KB ID:	1173573
              $100

Comment

Selson metal lathe

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-power-tool/o...ationFlag=true

Ottawa
                Click image for larger version

Views:	162
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	1174347Click image for larger version

Views:	155
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	1174348
                For sale Selson metal lathe 13 in. by 30 in. 6 speed gear head. 3/4 hp. 110 volt motor

$600

Comment

"Rockwell" table saw
                  $250
                  https://www.kijiji.ca/v-business-ind...ationFlag=true

Comment

I have no relationship with the owner. I just spoke with the owner; nice guy running a small business in Mississauga. His Dad purchased it new many years ago that it's been languishing in their shop as they've got a much bigger saw that sees most of the use. They're moving their shop at the end of April and it has to be gone by then, which is probably part of the reason they're selling it off so cheaply. The Excalibur fence is a great one-person shop fence (I had one on my Delta Unisaw); it's a bit finicky, but once adjusted properly holds a setting dead-accurately. The roller stand comes included, too. He states he had a few saw blades and throat plates for it that he'll throw in to sweeten the deal.

This is a terrific deal for anyone looking to get themselves a workhorse of a machine. The 3-phase will undoubtedly turn off a few buyers, but then you could get a VFD from Jack Forsberg and for less than a total investment of $700 have yourself a terrific table saw you can put into your will for the grand-kids. Just sayin'...

Originally posted by nnieman View Post
                    All the best,

Marty

- Instagram: @apexwoodworks
                    - facebook page
                    - YouTube Channel

Secretary of Kingston Wood Artisans Inc.

My goal is not to be better than anyone else. My goal is to be better than I used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyFromKingston View Post
                      I have no relationship with the owner. I just spoke with the owner; nice guy running a small business in Mississauga. His Dad purchased it new many years ago that it's been languishing in their shop as they've got a much bigger saw that sees most of the use. They're moving their shop at the end of April and it has to be gone by then, which is probably part of the reason they're selling it off so cheaply. The Excalibur fence is a great one-person shop fence (I had one on my Delta Unisaw); it's a bit finicky, but once adjusted properly holds a setting dead-accurately. The roller stand comes included, too. He states he had a few saw blades and throat plates for it that he'll throw in to sweeten the deal.

This is a terrific deal for anyone looking to get themselves a workhorse of a machine. The 3-phase will undoubtedly turn off a few buyers, but then you could get a VFD from Jack Forsberg and for less than a total investment of $700 have yourself a terrific table saw you can put into your will for the grand-kids. Just sayin'...

Agreed!!

Heck or just replace the motor. Used motors are around, I just sold a 2 hp for $75.
                      My every-day use saw is a general 250with a 1 1/2 hp motor.

Nathan

Comment

Originally posted by MartyFromKingston View Post

wow - very interesting! That's an excalibur fence?? How old is it? Doesn't look like it even has a measuring tape on it... when you say finicky, what makes it finicky?
                        I was cutting plywood tonight on my 1.5hp rockwell 6201 and it left a lot to be desired... I could probably sell it for more than this costs, and it'd be a hell of an upgrade. I just wish it was a 110/220v motor! But like nathan says the motor can be replaced... just have to ask myself if it's worth the potential headaches as i need to focus on building and not on my TAS

Comment

Originally posted by guitarchitect View Post

wow - very interesting! That's an excalibur fence?? How old is it? Doesn't look like it even has a measuring tape on it... when you say finicky, what makes it finicky?
                          I was cutting plywood tonight on my 1.5hp rockwell 6201 and it left a lot to be desired... I could probably sell it for more than this costs, and it'd be a hell of an upgrade. I just wish it was a 110/220v motor! But like nathan says the motor can be replaced... just have to ask myself if it's worth the potential headaches as i need to focus on building and not on my TAS
                          My 1962 General 250 is my main saw & daily user- I run a carpentry & custom woodworking business.
                          With the same Excalibur fence - in my opinion the best table saw fence ever made.

Once it is set square (which is a bit finicky to do) it will hold square and not need adjustment.
                          You can get replacement stick on tape measures from busy bee for under $12.

Nathan

Comment

If that is a unisaw the motor is propriety and not cheap to swap out.
                            Rob

Comment

well, there are mount adaptors available. see here: http://www.renovoparts.com/43-802-mo...-tilt-unisaws/
                              is that the main concern or there other things that make it proprietary?

hard to figure out what it is exactly... seller doesn't know a whole lot about the saw, and i've been looking up everything from general and rockwell in the '70s but can't find anything with that square throat plate

Comment

Originally posted by guitarchitect View Post
                                well, there are mount adaptors available. see here: http://www.renovoparts.com/43-802-mo...-tilt-unisaws/
                                is that the main concern or there other things that make it proprietary?

hard to figure out what it is exactly... seller doesn't know a whole lot about the saw, and i've been looking up everything from general and rockwell in the '70s but can't find anything with that square throat plate
                                It’s a general 250.
                                If you save the pic and zoom in you can make out the red oval general logo on the front.

Green with yellow hand wheels with a red logo dates it late 50s- 1962.
                                In 1962 they went to speckled grey with red handles.
                                My 62 250 has a rectangle throat plate.

Nathan

Comment

Working...
                                X