Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB, Delta Rockwell Vintage LARGE miter gauge for 12 - 14 Table Saw

Wanted To Buy,
    Delta Rockwell Vintage LARGE AUTO-SET Miter Gauge for 12-14 Model # 34-350 Table Saw.
    AL in Thunder Bay, Ont.

Click image for larger version

Name:	5432-A.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	1182076
  • Thread Continues Below...

Re: WTB, Delta Rockwell Vintage LARGE miter gauge for 12 - 14 Table Saw

Do you want that miter guage for any other reason than because it's vintage and matches the saw, because there are better units on the market?
    "Do it Right!"

Comment

could be because the mitre slot is unlike the typical unisaw slot.
      it is larger.
      [insert something witty here]

Comment

The slot is 1" wide by 1/2" deep (from what i have read online) They are heavy duty, somewhere around 12 lbs so they reflect the industrial nature of the saw.
        Even if aftermarket ones are better (that fit) i want it to match the saw.

Comment

And the better units are adjustable but maybe mot to that extent
          "Do it Right!"

Comment

Thought i would post a picture for a direct comparison.Top one is the 12-14 Delta Rockwell Industrial Table saw Miter gauge and the other is from a Unisaw.

Comment

Originally posted by wolf229 View Post
              Thought i would post a picture for a direct comparison.Top one is the 12-14 Delta Rockwell Industrial Table saw Miter gauge and the other is from a Unisaw.
              I have a Delta 12/14 with the mitre gauge.
              I have not found anything after market that would work/fit the over sized slits this saw has.

Comment

Is It a T Bar slot too?
                "Do it Right!"

Comment

yes, just much larger (as dimensions above show)
                  if I think of it I'll grab a picture of the end profile and post it here.
                  the mitre bar could be replicated by using metal flat stock, stacked & welded together (or screwed/riveted)
                  however the gauge itself is much larger than the normal unisaw gauge.

Comment

No one has one of these miter gauges?
                    I really don't know where else to go, and have been watching
                    ee-bay every day since posting my intial request.
                    I would consider trading a beaver 3400 wood lathe for it. Less shipping of course.

Comment

Wolf could you take a standard head and install a new bar on it or on any of the better aftermarket units? Any machine shop would make you a new bar.
                      "Do it Right!"

Comment

Originally posted by wolf229 View Post
                        No one has one of these miter gauges?
                        I really don't know where else to go, and have been watching
                        ee-bay every day since posting my intial request.
                        I would consider trading a beaver 3400 wood lathe for it. Less shipping of course.
                        do you require the full gauge? or do you need the bar stock?

I ask because it would not be too difficult to make/find the rough bar stock to fit in the bottom slot AND add another piece ontop (rosette/spot weld into place) then just drill & tap some holes to attach jigs/etc.

I built a crosscut sled using Oak for the mitre slot runners, but they didn't need the step to hold them down.

Comment

Originally posted by beakie View Post

I have a Delta 12/14 with the mitre gauge.
                          I have not found anything after market that would work/fit the over sized slits this saw has.
                          Like Tom said, you are looking for a rare animal. You might be turning over rocks for years contacting used tool dealers all over USA to find one and be prepared to pay large sums. If you want a large Mitre guage, Shopfox sells a heavy duty guage that is 8” wide, you will still need to get a bar made modified to suit the saw.
                          wolf229 likes this.
                          sigpicToday's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut, that held its ground.

Comment

I have been trying to track down a short arbor for my saw, and finally found the parts diagram for the Grizzly version of the Delta 12/14 saw.

I have written asking if any arbors are available, and if/when I get a reply I will ask if mitre gauges complete (gauge/fence & bar) are also available.

Once I get word back, I'll let you know.

Comment

Didn't the Moderator "Andrew" have a larger miter guage that he could not find a fit for? I was sorta waiting thinking he might respond. Of course if he found a use that's a whole different ball game!
                              "Do it Right!"

Comment

Working...
                              X